Learning how to debug Wine - Solving Elite: Dangerous CRC

Open forum for end-user questions about Wine. Before asking questions, check out the Wiki as a first step.
Forum Rules
Pecisk

Learning how to debug Wine - Solving Elite: Dangerous CRC

Post by Pecisk »

Hi there!

I am trying to learn how to properly debug games and applications having issues with Wine. While playing around with my favorite game, I ran into this quite simple bug really. https://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=43464 It seems game's client gets automatic CRC error while connecting. I am trying to poke log file (attached to bug report), but if someone might suggest some pointers or ideas how to approach such connection issue, you are welcome.

Thanks for any tips,
Peter.
NewtSoup
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Learning how to debug Wine - Solving Elite: Dangerous CR

Post by NewtSoup »

Just popping a quick reply to "subscribe" to future posts because this same subject has been the focus of my attention today as well. Sorry I don't have any help.
Pecisk

Post by Pecisk »

For now these lines look highly suspicious

err:winsock:WSAIoctl -> SIO_ADDRESS_LIST_CHANGE request failed with status 0x2733
err:winsock:WSAIoctl -> SIO_ADDRESS_LIST_CHANGE request failed with status 0x2733

However Google reveals this kind of winsock error is popular with .Net (especially 4.5) game launchers. It still might be related though. There's nothing much else to hang on - only few Wininet calls are done around CRC fail.
Pecisk

Post by Pecisk »

I also tried wininet native. Still CRC error.
Bob Wya
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Bob Wya »

See: WineHQ FAQ: 8.2 Does Wine support .NET? Should I install native .NET in Wine?

So I doubt the Elite: Dangerous 64-bit binary will work with 64-bit Syswow/multilib Wine - certainly not in the medium term... :cry:

Bob