Help: Can/t install Photoshop CS6

Questions about Wine on Linux
abc93

Help: Can/t install Photoshop CS6

Post by abc93 »

Namaste all :D , I am new to this forum and this is my first ever post in this forum. I am posting this question because I am stuck at Photoshop CS 6 installation. After Gooogling about this issue I found the errors were due to the following missing dependencies

atmlib gdiplus msxml3 msxml6 vcrun2005 vcrun2005sp1 vcrun2008 ie6 fontsmooth-rgb gecko

I have tried installing but the link http://download.microsoft.com/download/ ... SP4_EN.EXE were removed. so I manually installed all those dependancies but still i am unable to to install. The setup reports a file missing error.
Setup log file is in the attachment.

Please help. :(
Bob Wya
Level 12
Level 12

Re: Help: Can/t install Photoshop CS6

Post by Bob Wya »

abc93 wrote:...
I have tried installing but the link http://download.microsoft.com/download/ ... SP4_EN.EXE were removed. so I manually installed all those dependancies but still i am unable to to install. The setup reports a file missing error.
Hi ya abc93,

I'd start by updating your winetricks helper script to the latest release... See WineHQ Winetricks ...

The most recent version is:

Code: Select all

winetricks --version
20170614-next - sha256sum: f9680195c03e5dd0553d3651d5e5694fa42b798fd88a80d181c48211d0b1ca28
Just update winetricks and install the specified overrides from the latest test submission (Wine 2.0) on the WineHQ AppDB: Graphics Editing / Adobe Photoshop / CS6 (13.0) page...

Photoshop CS6 should work OK then (with some performance caveats)...
Major roadblocks, like the Photoshop installation failing, were ironed out quite a few versions (of Wine) ago... 8)

Bob
abc93

Post by abc93 »

Bob, Thanks a lot for your reply. But Sorry, I can't update Winetricks even after running that script. I don't know why. My Winetricks version is still 20140302

These are the Wine packages installed in my system.
wine wine1.8 wine1.8-i386 wine-devel wine-devel-i386 wine-mono0.0.8 winetricks

Any ideas.?
Bob Wya
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Bob Wya »

I'm calling you as an Ubuntu (/Linux Mint) user... So see: WineHQ Download: Ubuntu...
Supported versions of Wine are 2.0.1 (stable) , 2.11 (Development) , 2.10 (Staging).

winetricks is just a monolithic BASH script. So you can put it anywhere - in your users PATH.
Or just plonk it in a directory and use the full path when starting it:

Download the script into your HOME directory:

cd
wget -c https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Winetricks/winetricks/master/src/winetricks
chmod +x winetricks
Run the script from your HOME directory (using the full path):

~/winetricks
The obsolete installed version will still be present at:

/usr/bin/winetricks
So you either overwrite this - or remember to use the full path when running winetricks

Bob