Wine on android graphic stack

Open forum for end-user questions about Wine. Before asking questions, check out the Wiki as a first step.
Forum Rules
nintyfan
Level 2
Level 2

Wine on android graphic stack

Post by nintyfan »

How graphical android stack of WINE would works? It will use SDL/SDL2, OpenGL ES or Swing/ATK? It would be great if it uses SDL/SDL2, because I need to port wine on the web, using emscriten. Currently, it's only a dream, but maybe in future it will be possible. (Of course, each application, which would been opened in browser, should been ported to emscripten too).
madewokherd
Level 4
Level 4

Re: Wine on android graphic stack

Post by madewokherd »

The Android driver relies on Android-specific classes. It's a unique case, because the Android windowing system can only be accessed from processes loaded by the OS, while Wine needs to run Windows programs in processes it controls.

The more drivers are added to Wine, the more robust the driver framework becomes, and the easier it should be to create a new one.

I don't know if it'd be possible for Wine to work in emscripten. It certainly wouldn't be able to run x86 code. I can't give a specific reason why it can't work, but I suspect that it'd be far more difficult than porting in some other way, and of limited value.
nintyfan
Level 2
Level 2

Post by nintyfan »

Thanks for reply.

The main problems is doing wine working with emscripten are:
1) There no fork functioon
2) Emscripten's PThreads are extension of Firefox, but it should be standardized in near future

I think, these problems could be solved by closures.
nintyfan
Level 2
Level 2

Post by nintyfan »

Oh. I've wrote that I would compile program to run it on Emscriptens Wine Version.