League of Legends crashing on launch

Questions about Wine on Linux
ademptis

League of Legends crashing on launch

Post by ademptis »

A few months ago LoL worked perfectly on my computer through wine; it had no performance or graphical issues (this was prior to the release of the new launcher). Then one time I tried to launch the game and nothing opened, so I played something else. Recently I felt like it again, so I reinstalled LoL in a brand new 32-bit wine prefix using this guide on the arch wiki. PlayOnLinux wouldn't even open the install wizard.
However, now when I try to launch the game it crashes. The launcher itself works fine and has managed to apply patches, except the game itself won't open. By this I mean pressing "launch" from this window crashes it.
Here is the pastebin of the output when I launch the game through the terminal. I have tried to troubleshoot the error but to no avail.
After the crash, the following command is automatically run in the same terminal instance:

Code: Select all

fixme:msvcp:_Mtx_init_in_situ unknown flags ignored: 2
This just prints the command itself over and over until I eventually close it.

Any help with how to fix whatever the issue here is is appreciated.
Thanks.

Wine version: 2.10-1
Graphics Driver: radeon
Kernel: x86_64 Linux 4.11.3-1-ARCH
Bob Wya
Level 12
Level 12

Re: League of Legends crashing on launch

Post by Bob Wya »

I went to the trouble of testing out League of Legends a bit earlier in the year - it's not a game I would chose to play... 8)
See WineHQ Forums: Trouble installing League of Legends ...

You've not posted any information about your graphics card (well except for the fact that it is an AMD GPU).
This might be a sticking point (especially if you're not using a newer AMD card)...
So what's the output from:

Code: Select all

glxinfo | grep OpenGL
sudo lspci | grep VGA
Ta
Bob