Odbc32.dll : SqlGetInfoA missing

Open forum for end-user questions about Wine. Before asking questions, check out the Wiki as a first step.
Forum Rules
Sander Bouwhuis

Odbc32.dll : SqlGetInfoA missing

Post by Sander Bouwhuis »

I'm trying to allow my application to run under Linux using Wine.

One of the problems I'm encountering is that the function SqlGetInfoA is not supported (or implemented?).
SqlGetInfoW and SqlGetInfo do work, but don't return the correct value of SQL_IDENTIFIER_QUOTE_CHAR. This is because the quote characters are Ascii (i.e., 1 char byte) and not Unicode (wide char).

Is there anybody who has managed to get the quote character from any ODBC source, or knows of a workaround.
Also, what is the reason this function isn't implemented?

Help is dearly wanted. Thanks in advance.
Sander Bouwhuis

Re: Odbc32.dll : SqlGetInfoA missing

Ok, I've got it working with SqlGetInfoW. It would still have been better to be able to use SqlGetInfoA, but I'm glad to be one step further.
Bob Wya
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Bob Wya »

Sander Bouwhuis wrote:Ok, I've got it working with SqlGetInfoW. It would still have been better to be able to use SqlGetInfoA, but I'm glad to be one step further.
Perhaps you could file a WineHQ bug against the missing API call for: SqlGetInfoA.

Nobody can help you "fix" your problem just now...
The SqlGetInfoA API call is literally stubbed out (there is no implementation) as of Wine 2.10 ...

Code: Select all

dlls/odbc32/odbc32.spec:

45 stdcall SQLGetInfo(long long ptr long ptr)
145 stdcall SQLGetInfoW(long long ptr long ptr)
245 stub    SQLGetInfoA
But filing a Wine bug - for simple issue like this ("half an implemented API call" - i.e. Unicode only) - usually gets quite rapid progress!

Bob
Sander Bouwhuis

Thanks for the tip. Unfortunately, I saw that none of the ansi versions of functions are implemented. Luckily, my own applications are all Unicode so it shouldn't be a problem. I had this one call in an older library, but I converted it into Unicode now.