VMWare vShpere Client

Open forum for end-user questions about Wine. Before asking questions, check out the Wiki as a first step.
Forum Rules
mainliner
Level 2
Level 2

VMWare vShpere Client

Post by mainliner »

Quick clarification.

I've installed and got the 5.5 vSphere Client working, everything seems to be working except the vmrc console. I was reading through the bug reports and 36777 end seems to imply that this cannot work in Wine. This is not a bug, Wine is either designed not support this functionality or it is beyond the Wine remit.

Have i understood correctly?

Many thanks.
dimesio

Re: VMWare vShpere Client

Post by dimesio »

Bug 36777 was about a crash on install, and has been fixed. AppDB test reports all mention the console issue, but no one seems to have filed a bug for it.

You didn't mention what Wine version you're using. If it's not the latest development release, upgrade, and if the problem is still present, file a bug.
mainliner
Level 2
Level 2

Re: VMWare vShpere Client

Post by mainliner »

Apologies, I am using wine-devel,now 2.9.0~jessie amd64.

I linked to the wrong bug, :oops: , it should've been one of it's duplicates: Bug 37645 - vsphere 5.5 (update2) - vmrc has disconnected
Comment 10 @ Bug 37645, Anastasius Focht wrote:What you're trying to do (running VSphere Hypervisor) won't work with Wine (usermode) by design. Ever.
I'm happy to plug away at this one and engage forum assistance in chasing down a fix. However, this remark looks quite final. :?