Keeping Microsoft Office programs updated?

Open forum for end-user questions about Wine. Before asking questions, check out the Wiki as a first step.
Forum Rules
penyuan
Level 2
Level 2

Keeping Microsoft Office programs updated?

Post by penyuan »

Hello,

I've managed to install Microsoft Office 2010 with Wine on both GNU/Linux and Mac OS based systems. I'm also attempting Office 2013 on Wine versions 2.0+ but so far I can't even get the installer to start even when I follow the instructions on the relevant AppDB pages...

Anyway, I learned that you can slipstream updates into the installation by putting update MSP files in a certain folder in the installer.

However, Microsoft still regularly release updates for Microsoft Office 2010 and later. But without the Microsoft Update program in my Wine prefix how do I keep my Office fully updated?

Do people manually track down, download, and install each update as they are released? Or is there a way to automate/batch process the update process? Please do share your strategy and how you do it. Thank you!
dimesio

Re: Keeping Microsoft Office programs updated?

Post by dimesio »

I just install the latest service pack.
penyuan
Level 2
Level 2

Re: Keeping Microsoft Office programs updated?

Post by penyuan »

[quote="dimesio"]I just install the latest service pack.[/quote]
Thanks for the response.

Do you think or know if there are any concerns if I don't keep up with the regular updates?