Usecase: Dualboot LNX/WIN - Programm Recycling

Open forum for end-user questions about Wine. Before asking questions, check out the Wiki as a first step.
Forum Rules
jheins

Usecase: Dualboot LNX/WIN - Programm Recycling

Post by jheins »

Hi, I did not find a hint in the Wiki so I place the question here:

I use dual boot plattforms mainly for ensuring use of applications not statisfactorly running under Wine (if at all) and for keeping the win licences. My question is if there is a way to reuse all or some selected already done installations in the windows partitions with wine?

I'm looking for a way not for beeing forced to have the binaries and configurations twice on the hard disc. Is there a posibility to hand all needed information (registry cues, licence files, binaries, all might be at different locations in the windows System depending on the installation process) toward wine to start an application installed in the windows partition under LNX (on another Partition)?

My prefered use case would then be to boot win for installations and then boot LNX for use of application (also for security reasons).

Correspondingly is there the posibility to tell wine to use some libaries from an existing windows installation? This could help to solve some compatibility issues.