Exagear/Wine on Raspberry Pi 3

Open forum for end-user questions about Wine. Before asking questions, check out the Wiki as a first step.
Forum Rules
Zakattack

Exagear/Wine on Raspberry Pi 3

Post by Zakattack »

So I've been trying to run wine in order to be able to run windows x86 programs on my raspberry pi 3. These are the steps I've taken so far:

Installed Exagear: This is a 3rd party program that allows x86 applications to be run on RPi3 ARM. It cost me $25~ so i'm going to be quite frustrated if this ends up not working.

Got wine 1.8.1: Installing and running exagear allows you to sudo apt-get install wine, which I did. I then apt-get update'd and apt-get upgrade'd. 'wine --version' shows I'm running wine-1.8.1-eltechs. Various tutorials I've seen say that the next step in getting wine setup on a Rpi3 is running winecfg, but when that happens I get this:

Executing wine (wineserver32) 1.8.1 on Debian 8.8 (i386).
If something goes wrong, please rerun with "WINEDEBUG=err+all wine"
for more detailed debugging output.
Warning: could not find DOS drive for current working directory '/root', starting in the Windows directory.
Warning: could not find DOS drive for current working directory '/root', starting in the Windows directory.

I've tried running as root and as my normal user. I've tried just using wine filename.exe to no avail. I'm out of ideas. It seems that the graphical portion is what is failing, because 'wine cmd' works just fine. Any help is appreciated.

*Note* Please assume I'm an idiot and explain things in simple terms. I have no background with linux at all.
dimesio

Re: Exagear/Wine on Raspberry Pi 3

Post by dimesio »

You should never run Wine as root; doing so would have messed up the wineprefix's permissions. https://wiki.winehq.org/FAQ#Should_I_ru ... as_root.3F

Beyond that, you need to ask for help on the Exagear forum. Third party wrappers are not supported here.