website account login

Open forum for end-user questions about Wine. Before asking questions, check out the Wiki as a first step.
Forum Rules
onassis

website account login

Post by onassis »

Was wondering if there is a way to play a game "Uthgard - Daoc" in witch you login is through a website that then launches the game for you. When i login and click play I get this message from the browser "Firefox doesn’t know how to open this address, because one of the following protocols (uthgard) isn’t associated with any program or is not allowed in this context.

You might need to install other software to open this address."

Any help on this would be appreciated, Thanks
dimesio

Re: website account login

Post by dimesio »

Is this with Windows Firefox running in Wine? If so, why aren't you using native Firefox? There are plugins that will allow you to spoof the user agent if this is a website that checks that.

If the message is from native Firefox, this has nothing to do with Wine.
Bob Wya
Level 12
Level 12

Re: website account login

Post by Bob Wya »

onassis wrote:Was wondering if there is a way to play a game "Uthgard - Daoc" in witch you login is through a website that then launches the game for you. When i login and click play I get this message from the browser "Firefox doesn’t know how to open this address, because one of the following protocols (uthgard) isn’t associated with any program or is not allowed in this context.

You might need to install other software to open this address."

Any help on this would be appreciated, Thanks
Hiya onassis,

Please in future (- if there's a future!) put your application title in the forum post subject. It's one of my pet hates when people don't do this... :roll:

Took the game for a spin. It runs OK (with the emphsis on just "OK").

Just download the installer - don't try and run it directly under Wine from the Firefox downloader window.
Troubleshooting Wine issues without using a terminal / console window is damn near impossible...

Commands I used to install the Dark Ages of Camelot:

Code: Select all

cd /mnt/ ... /wineprefixes/
export WINEARCH=win32
export WINEPREFIX="${PWD}/dark_age_of_camelot_32"
wineboot -u
winetricks sandbox
cd dark_age_of_camelot_32/drive_c/
cp ~/Downloads/DAoCSetup.exe .
wine DAoCSetup.exe
To run the Dark Ages of Camelot:

Code: Select all

export WINEPREFIX="${PWD}/dark_age_of_camelot_32"
cd "${WINEPREFIX}/drive_c/Program Files/Dark Age of Camelot"
wine camelot.exe
See WineHQ FAQ - for information on how to use Wine effectively, using a terminal/console window.

I tested with Wine Staging 2.4.
See WineHQ Downloads for (hopefully) a Wine package for your unspecified Linux distribution...

Bob