Diablo 1 black screen

Questions about Wine on Linux
Tarin

Diablo 1 black screen

Post by Tarin »

Hi everyone, i think you have already covered the subject, but I do not understand how to solve the problem.

My problem is diablo, start by a normal setting screen, with cdrom, and give the game sound but the screen are black... I can hear that the game works at the sound of "enter" or mouse, accompany the sound of the games, but no picture.

Thanks to explain how iam supposed to fix it, by downloading something or rewriting a wine or diablo files ?
Bob Wya
Level 12
Level 12

Re: Diablo 1 black screen

Post by Bob Wya »

Tarin wrote:Hi everyone, i think you have already covered the subject, but I do not understand how to solve the problem.

My problem is diablo, start by a normal setting screen, with cdrom, and give the game sound but the screen are black... I can hear that the game works at the sound of "enter" or mouse, accompany the sound of the games, but no picture.

Thanks to explain how iam supposed to fix it, by downloading something or rewriting a wine or diablo files ?
There's an 11 year(!!), long standing wine bug - see Bug 2082 - DirectDraw games only showing black screen...
There is hacky patch attached (comment 163) that - Blit ddraw surface to window at (1,1) - so the game menu is not obscured.
But that requires rebuilding wine from source, with this patch applied (not for the faint of heart - on Ubuntu!!)

Bob
Tarin

Post by Tarin »

:D Thanks Bob
"not for the faint of heart" is "suicide linux" do you joke me ? that it's fuck top for me, iam newby man :D !
Autherwise how i can rebuilding this, please ?
Bob Wya
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Bob Wya »

Tarin wrote::D Thanks Bob
"not for the faint of heart" is "suicide linux" do you joke me ? that it's fuck top for me, iam newby man :D !
Autherwise how i can rebuilding this, please ?
Hey, everyones got to start somewhere... 8)

What distro are you running...?

If it's a Debian / Ubuntu -based distribution - then I've got a (semi)-automatic build script up on Github (Github : bobwya / build-multilib-wine).

The script allows extra "user patches" to be applied to the build. It's far from perfect - it only builds a local version of Wine - in your users HOME directory. So you've still got to have something like the WineHQ package, installed globally, to ensure all the Wine runtime dependency libraries are pulled in / installed.

Bob
Tarin

Post by Tarin »

Hey, i running on ubuntu, sorry iam busy, will back maybe not soon
Thanks anyway
Bob Wya
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Bob Wya »

np... It's hardly a convenient solution to your issues... 8)

Bob