Wine for Windos - Revolution!!!

Open forum for end-user questions about Wine. Before asking questions, check out the Wiki as a first step.
Forum Rules
Neo-Joker

Wine for Windos - Revolution!!!

Post by Neo-Joker »

Hello!
Immediately sorry, I'm from Russia and do not speak English, the text is translated by Google!
I have a revolutionary idea about Wine! Unfortunately I do not have the possibility to develop the idea on their own (no money, no team and time), I decided to write this to you!
I will explain my idea:
With the release of more and more new versions of the Windows, conflicts began with many programs and games (including equipment), who had previously worked without problems on older versions of the operating system! People have to wait a long time when the developers have released a new version of the content (which can work in the new version of the operating system), or the content can no longer be maintained.
The solution of such problems can be Wine for Windows!
Created by Wine for Windows can be used as a platform for developers! I want to say that you can specifically write programs under Wine architecture, using it as an alternative to Windows! Developers no longer have to adapting to another new version of Windows!
Thus, over time, it will be possible to use any content (programs, games written for Windows) on any operating system (linux, mac, windows), if it is installed Wine!
As Wine may be used as a sandbox, additional protection for Windows.
I hope my idea will intrigue you!
anarki@butterblume
Level 2
Level 2

Re: Wine for Windos - Revolution!!!

Post by anarki@butterblume »

After migrating from Windows to Linux at work, I don't want to miss Wine anymore. It enables me to have multiple versions of the same software installed in parallel, which is great for comparison and circumventing bugs. It's the midst way between using up-to-date and long term support software - I was really missing that while using the same software within Windows.

So while I see your point, I'd rather not put efford in building a something comparable for Windows, because what Wine does in the first place - is making you independent from Windows!

Regards
anarki
zzz

Post by zzz »

Excuse me, but I see the same problem:
Windows programs do not run under actual windows versions.
For that let me ask:
Is there a wine version which can be run under Windows 8 or 10 for example?
Thanks a lot everyone!!!
dimesio

Post by dimesio »

zzz wrote: Is there a wine version which can be run under Windows 8 or 10 for example?
No, and there are no plans to make one. The purpose of Wine is to run Windows programs without Windows.
DarkShadow44
Level 8
Level 8

Post by DarkShadow44 »

Well, there is wine3d for windows: It's good to get old DX games to work sometimes.

I doubt you can get more than that, but you can of course try. Just take a look at the WineOnWindows wiki page (archive.org)
dimesio

Post by dimesio »

DarkShadow44 wrote:I doubt you can get more than that, but you can of course try. Just take a look at the WineOnWindows wiki page (archive.org)
https://wiki.winehq.org/Cygwin_and_More is the current page.
rammestein

Post by rammestein »

I am very new to Linux. And don't wanna go back. That's why I love wine. It allows us to use windows programs in Linux.