Auto close (or not show) program error window

Open forum for end-user questions about Wine. Before asking questions, check out the Wiki as a first step.
Forum Rules
cpharlok

Auto close (or not show) program error window

Post by cpharlok »

Hi, first thank you for the great software that is WINE. It made me very easier to throw windows away and stick completely with linux. I have migrated all my apps to linux but there is one that I must still use, it is Contacam surveillance software. It works nice (thanks to a guide for running it with WINE) BUT it crashes at random. It does only once or twice a day, not really a concern If I could relaunch the crashed program (setting up a Cron job for example). But the problem is that the program won't relaunch until the crash error window is closed (The one that says "The program Contacam.exe has encountered a serious problem and needs to close."). Is there any way that this window get closed automatically or never show? That way I could relaunch contacam using cron. While the window is still active contacam is crashed but not really closed so I cant relaunch it, having to close the window manually.

I have been unsuccessfull trying to fix the crash. Tried using native msvfw32.dll with no luck.

Any help? Thank you

Cheers!
dimesio

Re: Auto close (or not show) program error window

Post by dimesio »

You can disable Wine's crash dialog with winetricks nocrashdialog.
cpharlok

Post by cpharlok »

Ok I see... ok disabled, just waiting for the next crash to check if the "fix" works, at least until I found the problem with contacam and wine. Thank you!
cpharlok

Post by cpharlok »

Ok, tested it for two weeks and the hack did the trick. I setup a cron job to relaunch contacam, if it is running wine does nothing as the process is already on, but if it is closed due to a crash it will relaunch the program. So I can setup the cron job to run every for example 30 minutes so when contacam crashes it will be relaunched next cron. It is not ideal, but at least now cameras are monitoring my house and without to go windows or virtualizing.