Have Nvidia BUT Using Mesa

Open forum for end-user questions about Wine. Before asking questions, check out the Wiki as a first step.
Forum Rules
qops1981

Have Nvidia BUT Using Mesa

Post by qops1981 »

Hey All,

I am having a problem. 1st I encountered this issue: https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1325666
So after attempting what was suggested I found I have bad 3D support.

I then uninstalled and reinstalled Wine without the exception described in the bug above. But this time I did not get the error as I did when I originally installed wine, thus negating the bug. BUT my graphics still sucked.

I looked at a log and found this:

Code: Select all

trace:wgl:X11DRV_WineGL_InitOpenglInfo GL version             : 2.1 Mesa 12.0.1.
trace:wgl:X11DRV_WineGL_InitOpenglInfo GL renderer            : Gallium 0.4 on llvmpipe (LLVM 3.8, 128 bits).
trace:wgl:X11DRV_WineGL_InitOpenglInfo GLX version            : 1.4.
trace:wgl:X11DRV_WineGL_InitOpenglInfo Server GLX version     : 1.4.
trace:wgl:X11DRV_WineGL_InitOpenglInfo Server GLX vendor:     : SGI.
trace:wgl:X11DRV_WineGL_InitOpenglInfo Client GLX version     : 1.4.
trace:wgl:X11DRV_WineGL_InitOpenglInfo Client GLX vendor:     : Mesa Project and SGI.
trace:wgl:X11DRV_WineGL_InitOpenglInfo Direct rendering enabled: True
But I have my Nvida drivers installed. why is it not using them. Is the problem in Wine OR Did my Nvida drivers not install correctly?
dimesio

Re: Have Nvidia BUT Using Mesa

Post by dimesio »

When you installed the Nvidia driver, did you also install the 32 bit driver? You need to.
qops1981

Re: Have Nvidia BUT Using Mesa

Post by qops1981 »

dimesio wrote:When you installed the Nvidia driver, did you also install the 32 bit driver? You need to.
I did, but maybe it error'd and I didn't pay attention. I decided to go ahead and reinstall the drivers and there happen to be an minor update. So post update seems to have solved the issue.

I first uninstalled Wine, then rebooted and installed the updated NVIDIA drivers, then rebooted and installed wine again. Everything seems fine now.

Thank you for the assistance.