Rendering mistakes using csmt in WoW

Open forum for end-user questions about Wine. Before asking questions, check out the Wiki as a first step.
Forum Rules
kaimon
Level 2
Level 2

Rendering mistakes using csmt in WoW

Post by kaimon »

I'm running World of Warcraft 6.2.4 using Debian 8, POL and wine-staging 1.9.13. When I activate csmt I'm getting graphic glitches. This did not happen with wine-staging 1.9.8 (where csmt was deactivated anyway?) and with 1.9.5 and earlier. I'm using Dx9, not openGL. The game itself runs fine, just csmt gives better framerates and I would like to continue to use it, but the rendering mistakes are annoying.
I'm sorry I can't test this without POL but I don't manage to get WoW to run without it. I don't think this makes a difference because the problem seems to be exclusively related to the csmt patch.
Is there any special section where csmt-related bugs can be reported? Are any additional system informations needed?
dimesio

Re: Rendering mistakes using csmt in WoW

Post by dimesio »

File bugs at https://bugs.winehq.org/. Since this one can only occur in wine-staging, select wine-staging as the product rather than Wine. Check for existing bugs first.
kaimon
Level 2
Level 2

Re: Rendering mistakes using csmt in WoW

Post by kaimon »

The rendering mistakes on textures disappeared with v. 1.9.13. So obviously they are already working on the problem. Rendering still bugs out on some operating elements while the mouse hovers over it, for example the "x" where you close a (ingame) window with. Also sometimes spell animations end up in sqares.

I really want to say thank you to the people working on improving Directx gaming under Linux. You are doing a great job!