Magix Web Designer 7 - Error Message

Open forum for end-user questions about Wine. Before asking questions, check out the Wiki as a first step.
Forum Rules
zickzak2016

Magix Web Designer 7 - Error Message

Post by zickzak2016 »

When i try to use Magix Web Designer 7
with Wine 1.3.34 i get this error message from the program:

Interner Programmfehler 3126.k.me.ps

How can i fix this?
L. Rahyen

Re: Magix Web Designer 7 - Error Message

Post by L. Rahyen »

Wine 1.3.34 is many years old. Please upgrade Wine (recent version is 1.9.9) and try again with clean Wine prefix by moving old one out of the way, for example, by running this command:

Code: Select all

mv ~/.wine ~/.wine.old
If you still have a problem after upgrading Wine, please post terminal output (read this if you do not know how).
cba
Level 1
Level 1

Post by cba »

How were you able to install the Magix web designer program? I've been trying to install it using Wine but halfway through installation it just stops. No error message, nothing. I'm currently trying to install Magix Web Designer 10 Premium. I had contacted Magix but of course they said 'can't help you'. I asked for help by an Ubuntu forum and was told 'apparently no one has tried it, why not use something else'. I'd like to stick with Magix since 1. it's an easy to use program that I'm familiar with and have used for years now and 2. our website is on their server and changing software means changing my web address, my whole site and everything else involved with a website. Any help would be appreciated! Even just a hint to steer me in the right direction.
dimesio

Post by dimesio »

Wine version? If it's not the latest development release, upgrade. If it still doesn't work, post terminal output. https://wiki.winehq.org/FAQ#How_can_I_g ... tput.29.3F
cba
Level 1
Level 1

Post by cba »

Sorry it's taken so long to reply. I'm using Wine 2.2. While reading online about how to install via the terminal venster so I could get an output I decided to try installation one more time. This time it went a step farther but was missing some dll files so I removed the entire program and started from scratch. It finally worked. I'd previously tried after the computer had been intensely used and this time I tried first thing a.m. Our computer is 12 years old and I think that's part of what was causing the problem. When I try to install anything I don't get any progress bar; it's just a matter of waiting and keeping my fingers crossed. I was also able to register the Magix program online after installation and hopefully this week I'll have time to actually test and see if it works. If it does than I can start building a new computer completely Windows free. Thank you for your advice and also the link. That helped me a lot.
cba
Level 1
Level 1

Post by cba »

I tried to update my website last night via the Wine installed Magix software. I was able to make the necessary changes but when I wanted to do a preview of the site that didn;t work and I wasn't able to upload to the site. I think I may have to do some research in how to update using filezilla; maybe then it will work and I can still use the software and be Windows free.