Wine output in current terminal, windows 7 opens new window?

Open forum for end-user questions about Wine. Before asking questions, check out the Wiki as a first step.
Forum Rules
DevinXXL
Level 1
Level 1

Wine output in current terminal, windows 7 opens new window?

Post by DevinXXL »

Hello,
I'm currently writing a tool in java that starts another process and reads it's output.
This works great when starting the application with wine (java launches wine "command" "arg") and I get full console output to work with within java.
However, the same application on windows opens it's own new command line window with a different icon and title.
The window though which java was started outputs just one more message (which doesn't even belong to the program itself) and the new window just displays nothing. I don't get any output. I'm running windows 7 and I have not found any way to make the program write it's output to the window it was started from, but it works just perfect in wine.

Is there any way to get this working on windows?

It is supposed to be like this:
When opening a tool like ping, it prints to the current window until it stops. My application does that when using wine.

It is like this:
When opening it, instead of printing to the current window, it opens a new one which prints absolutely nothing at all if I try to redirect the output. It seems do draw text when I'm not trying to do that, but I need to get access to the output. This only happens on windows (or on wine when I start that process though wine's cmd). It is supposed to be like when I start it with wine.

This isn't really wine help because wine is the one which works like it's supposed to, but I hope that I can get help here considering that it works with wine. Thank you :D