wine on a banana pi m3

Open forum for end-user questions about Wine. Before asking questions, check out the Wiki as a first step.
Forum Rules
pro1962

wine on a banana pi m3

Post by pro1962 »

hi all , just asking but I terminal window and input the code to get wine , it come up ,, couldn't find any package by regex wine 1.7 . what have I missed , should I get the code from hear ?? . I will try the code from hear and see what it does ,thanks ,if some one might help , that would be nice
pro1962

code problem

Post by pro1962 »

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
winehq-staging:i386 : Depends: wine-staging:i386 (= 1.9.0~ubuntu15.10.1) but it is not going to be installed
E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages. , can any one help why it is not working ,, as I not a tech head , but can do lots of things if I an shown ,, eg ,, code input . or am I wasting my time on a banana pi m3 . in the software centre is in there but you can not install it , come up with wine 1.6 not in there . any way ,, help please
dimesio

Re: wine on a banana pi m3

Post by dimesio »

The Banana Pi has an ARM processor, so the binary WineHQ packages will not work on it. You would have to build Wine yourself for ARM, and since Wine does not do CPU emulation, you would also need to use it with QEMU to actually run anything.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=17701
http://wiki.winehq.org/ARM