Virtual Desktop missing System Tray,Start Button,System Tray

Open forum for end-user questions about Wine. Before asking questions, check out the Wiki as a first step.
Forum Rules
shaolin
Level 1
Level 1

Virtual Desktop missing System Tray,Start Button,System Tray

Post by shaolin »

Hey Everyone,
Need some help on an issue I'm encountering. When setting a clean Wine setup and I've done this with several wine versions 1.7.55, 1.7.54, 1.7.53 and I'm running into an issue when wine emulates the virtual desktop I'm missing the Virtual Desktop/Windows System Tray, Start Button, System Tray. Has anyone run into this issue? I'm running Ubuntu 14.04LTS and I'm also running PlayonLinux 4.2.9.

I stumbled into this particular issue when I was installing EA Origin. However, EA Origin doesn't seem to issue here as I can successfully run EA Origin via that application shortcut that is placed on the virtual desktop. When first completing the the EA Origin setup I did see it appear once and only once, after I shutdown/reboot wine or even reboot my Linux box the Virtual Desktop/Windows System Tray, Start Button, System Tray disappears never to be seen again. I've been searching online for anyone with similar problems and checking forums but have not stumbled into any posting or info available on this issue.

As always your help and input is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!!