Want to use savegame made in Windows with different username

Open forum for end-user questions about Wine. Before asking questions, check out the Wiki as a first step.
Forum Rules
YAOMTC
Level 2
Level 2

Want to use savegame made in Windows with different username

Post by YAOMTC »

I recently found out that Dead Space 2, which I've been playing for the first time lately, works excellently in Wine. However the savegame was created in Windows using the username "after7", while my login in Linux is "chris". I know that's why Continue is still not an option after copying the savegame over from the Windows drive - I created a new user as a temporary workaround. However I'd really prefer not to have to switch users every time I want to play the game. Is there another solution?
dimesio

Re: Want to use savegame made in Windows with different user

Post by dimesio »

If you copied a saved game in Windows to another user in Windows, would it work? If not, this isn't really a Wine question.
YAOMTC
Level 2
Level 2

Re: Want to use savegame made in Windows with different user

Post by YAOMTC »

It actually does work if I copy the file to another username's Documents/EA Games/Dead Space 2 folder in Windows. Just in Linux/Wine I need to switch users.

EDIT: I figured it out, I had the file saved into "~/.wine/drive_c/users/chris/Documents/EA Games/Dead Space 2" instead of ~/Documents/etc... Oops!