Is a Wine ISO available for use in VM, virtual machines?

Open forum for end-user questions about Wine. Before asking questions, check out the Wiki as a first step.
Forum Rules
bl3020

Is a Wine ISO available for use in VM, virtual machines?

Post by bl3020 »

Is Wine available as an ISO that can be loaded into VirtualBox (preferred) or VMWare? I need to VPN to many clients, then RDC to servers. The VPN client software conflicts are many and I've solved most of these issues by using virtual machines to keep the VPN software all separate and happily alone on their own VM. Trouble is, I cannot afford many licenses of Windows. My journey to solve this has brought me to the Linux world, and specifically Wine. I can create unlimited VM's with Linux, each with Wine. I do have a few issues proving this out, however. I wondered if Wine was available as an ISO to cut out the Linux middleman and just go straight to VM.
dimesio

Re: Is a Wine ISO available for use in VM, virtual machines?

Post by dimesio »

bl3020 wrote:I wondered if Wine was available as an ISO to cut out the Linux middleman and just go straight to VM.
No, Wine is not available as an ISO (that I know of), and I'm not sure what you mean by "cut out the Linux middleman." Wine is not an operating system; you need to run it in Linux (or one of the other supported operating systems).