If internet goes down program goes down!?

Open forum for end-user questions about Wine. Before asking questions, check out the Wiki as a first step.
Forum Rules
SacTownFelix

If internet goes down program goes down!?

Post by SacTownFelix »

I have been having problems with different programs running in wine. I am new to wine so please forgive if I sound like a complete noob. Almost all my games and programs work great in wine, until I lose network connection, then the program stops working.
I tested this out by trying to run my programs without the network connected. The result, my programs would start and then crash in 10 seconds, everytime, every program. With the connection on, the programs work just fine until I lose connection. I travel alot, so this is a big problem for me. Is there a way to fix this?

SacTownFelix
dimesio

Re: If internet goes down program goes down!?

Post by dimesio »

What apps & games are you trying to run? If they require an internet connection to function, I would expect them to stop working when the connection is lost, though they shouldn't crash (unless they crash in Windows, too, under those circumstances).

Pick an app that is not supposed to need internet access at all and post terminal output from trying to run it without a connection. http://wiki.winehq.org/FAQ#get_log

Also, what Wine version are you using? If it's not 1.7.34 or later, upgrade.