Run-time error '339', agentctl.dll issue

Open forum for end-user questions about Wine. Before asking questions, check out the Wiki as a first step.
Forum Rules
jatinkhatri

Post by jatinkhatri »

I'm trying to install/run a accounting software which is build on VB6 , software gates installed, but at some function I get the "Run-time error 339
component 'agentctl.dll' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid

I've installed vb6run vcrun2008

any solution ????? is there any anyone who is facing same problem ???

Warm Regards

Thanks
sportfreak2020
Level 2
Level 2

Post by sportfreak2020 »

the DLL you app is looking for is a Microsoft Agent Control related dll. Have you installed other components that are necessary fr installing this..
such as a ActiveX (OLE) control system is also necessary (i think) while running this .. vcrun2008 is not the only VB package out there .. try to install other basic VB packages and MFC42 stuff .. maybe that might help you .
John Drescher

Post by John Drescher »

On Tue, Jun 5, 2012 at 12:15 PM, sportfreak2020
<[email protected]> wrote:
the DLL you app is looking for is a Microsoft Agent Control related dll. Have you installed other components that are necessary fr installing this..
such as a ActiveX (OLE) control system is also necessary (i think) while running this .. vcrun2008 is not the only VB package out there .. try to install other basic VB packages and MFC42 stuff .. maybe that might help you .
Make sure you do this properly meaning using winetricks instead of
manually placing dlls in system32.

John
jatinkhatri

Post by jatinkhatri »

sportfreak2020 wrote:the DLL you app is looking for is a Microsoft Agent Control related dll. Have you installed other components that are necessary fr installing this..
Thanks for the reply

I've installed
jet40,
mdac27,
mfc42,
msvcirt,
vb6run
vcrun6sp6
vcrun6
wsh57

but still getting the same error ,
luckyguys