WineHQ
Wine Forums

Board index » WineHQ » Wine Help




 Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 



 
Author Message
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 12:23 am 
Offline
Moderator
Moderator

Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2008 2:29 pm
Posts: 6605
What the subject says. All posts from this user will be removed.


Top 
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 12:31 am 
 
This whole argument is just silly. You simply get angry because I don't use
a text client. It's -your- problem, not mine. I use gmail for ANY of the
mailing lists I am subscribed in and in all the time I have been in mailing
lists, you're the first one to complain for something as stupid as that. If
you don't like my HTML then simply block it, that's not gonna make me angry,
provoke me or anything like that - in fact it'll make me happier as I won't
be bothering your 1337-console-ness :).

I tried looking for you in #winehq but it seems you're not there - I was
hoping to try to solve this personally (since the issue is obviously
personal) but it seems you want it the public way, there you go.

On Tue, Mar 11, 2008 at 12:53 AM, vitamin <wineforum-user@winehq.org> wrote:

Quote:
What the subject says.






-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.winehq.org/pipermail/wine-us ... chment.htm


Top 
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 12:36 am 
 
On Sun, Mar 9, 2008 at 10:31 PM, DARKGuy . <dark.guy.2008@gmail.com> wrote:
Quote:
This whole argument is just silly. You simply get angry because I don't use
a text client. It's -your- problem, not mine. I use gmail for ANY of the
mailing lists I am subscribed in and in all the time I have been in mailing
lists, you're the first one to complain for something as stupid as that. If
you don't like my HTML then simply block it

Darkguy, the wine mailing lists are all ASCII by convention;
you can probably get away with posting HTML if you're
polite and helpful, but you seem to have stepped on some toes.
If you could try to blend in a bit more, it might help.

Please, folks, can we avoid foul language and childish behavior
on the wine mailing lists?
- Dan


Top 
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 12:42 am 
Offline
Moderator
Moderator

Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2008 2:29 pm
Posts: 6605
He is welcome to return 5-10 years form now when he grows up. Until then all hist posts will be removed!


Top 
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 12:43 am 
 
Well nobody told me that even when I signed up in the mailing list. I've
been posting to this list since 2006-2007 and I haven't had any problems
with it, nobody has told me that the list is ASCII and now everybody is
trying to associate me with the forum. WTF??...

Just for the side note, I'm not going to change my posting way, simply
because 1. I use gmail, 2. I like gmail, 3. I personally don't like the
console for other than fixing my X when it crashes or quick-editing any
file, and 4. he's no one to tell me what to use or not to use - and if he
is, then I'm sorry but I use what I wish, unless explicitly stated the
contrary in a... rules page maybe?

I'm off to bed, I've had enough with this.

On Tue, Mar 11, 2008 at 1:06 AM, Dan Kegel <dank@kegel.com> wrote:

Quote:
On Sun, Mar 9, 2008 at 10:31 PM, DARKGuy . <dark.guy.2008@gmail.com>
wrote:
Quote:
This whole argument is just silly. You simply get angry because I don't
use
Quote:
a text client. It's -your- problem, not mine. I use gmail for ANY of
the
Quote:
mailing lists I am subscribed in and in all the time I have been in
mailing
Quote:
lists, you're the first one to complain for something as stupid as
that. If
Quote:
you don't like my HTML then simply block it

Darkguy, the wine mailing lists are all ASCII by convention;
you can probably get away with posting HTML if you're
polite and helpful, but you seem to have stepped on some toes.
If you could try to blend in a bit more, it might help.

Please, folks, can we avoid foul language and childish behavior
on the wine mailing lists?
- Dan

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.winehq.org/pipermail/wine-us ... chment.htm


Top 
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 12:47 am 
 
On Sun, Mar 9, 2008 at 10:42 PM, vitamin <wineforum-user@winehq.org> wrote:
Quote:
He is welcome to return 5-10 years form now when he grows up.
Until then all hist posts will be removed!

Sadly, given his response to my post,
it does sound like he's being unreasonable,
or at least more annoying than is good for the group.

Maybe he'll feel better in the morning and start
behaving better...?


Top 
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 12:47 am 
 
Quote:
Just for the side note, I'm not going to change my posting way, simply
because 1. I use gmail, 2. I like gmail, 3. I personally don't like the
console for other than fixing my X when it crashes or quick-editing any
file, and 4. he's no one to tell me what to use or not to use - and if he
is, then I'm sorry but I use what I wish, unless explicitly stated the
contrary in a... rules page maybe?

I'm off to bed, I've had enough with this.

I use gmail and I do not post in HTML. Just click plain text in the
compose window.

John


Top 
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 12:58 am 
Offline
Moderator
Moderator

Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2008 2:29 pm
Posts: 6605
Dan Kegel wrote:
Maybe he'll feel better in the morning and start
behaving better...?

I doubt.

John Drescher wrote:
I use gmail and I do not post in HTML. Just click plain text in the compose window.

Especially considering it's so easy...


Top 
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 1:01 am 
 
John Drescher:

Quote:
Quote:
I'm off to bed, I've had enough with this.

I use gmail and I do not post in HTML. Just click plain text in the
compose window.

I am reading this list via gmane and luckily there ist at the bottom:
| An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

Hart :) mut


Top 
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 1:07 am 
 
On Sunday 09 March 2008 10:43:25 pm DARKGuy . wrote:
Quote:
Well nobody told me that even when I signed up in the mailing list. I've
been posting to this list since 2006-2007 and I haven't had any problems
with it, nobody has told me that the list is ASCII and now everybody is
trying to associate me with the forum. WTF??...

It's a generally safe assumption that HTML is verboten. As is top posting.
Please use conversational quoting while you're at it. http://learn.to/quote

Quote:
Just for the side note, I'm not going to change my posting way, simply
because 1. I use gmail, 2. I like gmail, 3. I personally don't like the
console for other than fixing my X when it crashes or quick-editing any
file, and 4. he's no one to tell me what to use or not to use - and if he
is, then I'm sorry but I use what I wish, unless explicitly stated the
contrary in a... rules page maybe?

I'm almost certain there's a setting you can change in GMail that fixes the
problem.


--
Paul Johnson
baloo@ursine.ca
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Type: application/pgp-signature
Size: 189 bytes
Desc: This is a digitally signed message part.
Url : http://www.winehq.org/pipermail/wine-us ... chment.pgp


Top 
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:21 pm 
 
Dan Kegel wrote:
Quote:
On Sun, Mar 9, 2008 at 10:31 PM, DARKGuy . <dark.guy.2008@gmail.com> wrote:

Quote:
This whole argument is just silly. You simply get angry because I don't use
a text client. It's -your- problem, not mine. I use gmail for ANY of the
mailing lists I am subscribed in and in all the time I have been in mailing
lists, you're the first one to complain for something as stupid as that. If
you don't like my HTML then simply block it


Darkguy, the wine mailing lists are all ASCII by convention;
you can probably get away with posting HTML if you're
polite and helpful, but you seem to have stepped on some toes.
If you could try to blend in a bit more, it might help.

Please, folks, can we avoid foul language and childish behavior
on the wine mailing lists?
- Dan


Sure. Read RFC 1855. No HTML and bottom post. Don't do that, you go
away. Simple.

BTW, HTML wastes bandwidth DarkGUY. You may not, nor do I, have to pay
by the byte, but there are others that do.

Be considerate. Get rid of the HTML, it is not allowed, period. Get
rid of the top post, it is rude and inconsiderate when this is a bottom
post or better intersperse mailing list. It is not business mail, where
top posting is encouraged (and where I worked, required.)

James McKenzie


Top 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 
 Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 




Board index » WineHQ » Wine Help


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 18 guests

 
 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: