Momentum Datalink v3.0 not working at all

Open forum for end-user questions about Wine. Before asking questions, check out the Wiki as a first step.
Forum Rules
Hark3n
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Hark3n »

Hi,

My first post here, so help me right if I'm not following protocol.

My problem basically boils down to this.

I need this program to download the data from me and my wife's pedometers for health insurance purposes.

This program is supposed to work on Win 2000 through Vista, but should run on 7 as well.

I'm running latest Wine ( 1.3.xx from PPA) on Kubuntu 11.10.

It installs without incident, but does not want to run. It exits with a windowed error "Invalid parameter" followed by "There is no Windows program configured to open this type of file".

I have tried running it from the command line, but it doesn't give any meaningful feedback. Then again, I'm a noob and is probably doing something wrong.

Any help would be appreciated as I would not like to search for a Windows machine just for this program.

Download link can be found at Momentum Pedometer.

BTW, I have contacted the helpline for this software, but was told that they do not support anything but Windows.
jjmckenzie

Post by jjmckenzie »

On Tue, Mar 6, 2012 at 11:32 AM, Hark3n <[email protected]> wrote:
Hi,

My first post here, so help me right if I'm not following protocol.

My problem basically boils down to this.

I need this program to download the data from me and my wife's pedometers for health insurance purposes.

This program is supposed to work on Win 2000 through Vista, but should run on 7 as well.

I'm running latest Wine ( 1.3.xx from PPA) on Kubuntu 11.10.

It installs without incident, but does not want to run. It exits with a windowed error "Invalid parameter" followed by "There
is no Windows program configured to open this type of file".
It looks like you are trying to open a file that would open with the
program. That is where this error comes from, mainly.

Can you try running the program from the command line, as described at
http://wiki.winehq.org/FAQ#run_from_terminal
and advise what error messages you receive?

James
Hark3n
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Hark3n »

I seemed to have run it incorrectly from the command line earlier. Her is the result from the command as explained in the link.
fixme:mscoree:ConfigFileHandler_startElement Unknown element L"configSections" in state 1
fixme:mscoree:ConfigFileHandler_startElement Unknown element L"sectionGroup" in state 3
fixme:mscoree:ConfigFileHandler_startElement Unknown element L"section" in state 3
fixme:mscoree:ConfigFileHandler_startElement Unknown element L"section" in state 3
fixme:mscoree:ConfigFileHandler_startElement Unknown element L"appSettings" in state 1
fixme:mscoree:ConfigFileHandler_startElement Unknown element L"add" in state 3
fixme:mscoree:ConfigFileHandler_startElement Unknown element L"applicationSettings" in state 1
fixme:mscoree:ConfigFileHandler_startElement Unknown element L"MomentumPedometer.Properties.Settings" in state 3
fixme:mscoree:ConfigFileHandler_startElement Unknown element L"setting" in state 3
fixme:mscoree:ConfigFileHandler_startElement Unknown element L"value" in state 3
fixme:mscoree:ConfigFileHandler_startElement Unknown element L"setting" in state 3
fixme:mscoree:ConfigFileHandler_startElement Unknown element L"value" in state 3
fixme:mscoree:ConfigFileHandler_startElement Unknown element L"Novasoft.ExceptionManagement.Reporting.My.MySettings" in state 3
fixme:mscoree:ConfigFileHandler_startElement Unknown element L"system.net" in state 1
fixme:mscoree:ConfigFileHandler_startElement Unknown element L"defaultProxy" in state 3
fixme:mscoree:ConfigFileHandler_startElement Unknown element L"proxy" in state 3
wine: Install Mono for Windows to run .NET 2.0 applications.
I did run the command earlier, and is currently busy installing Mono via winetricks. Slow connection so still about 20min to go before I can test to see if that solved the problem.
Hark3n
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Hark3n »

OK, so with Mono installed I get the following.
fixme:mscoree:ConfigFileHandler_startElement Unknown element L"configSections" in state 1
fixme:mscoree:ConfigFileHandler_startElement Unknown element L"sectionGroup" in state 3
fixme:mscoree:ConfigFileHandler_startElement Unknown element L"appSettings" in state 1
fixme:mscoree:ConfigFileHandler_startElement Unknown element L"applicationSettings" in state 1
fixme:mscoree:ConfigFileHandler_startElement Unknown element L"MomentumPedometer.Properties.Settings" in state 3
fixme:mscoree:ConfigFileHandler_startElement Unknown element L"Novasoft.ExceptionManagement.Reporting.My.MySettings" in state 3
fixme:mscoree:ConfigFileHandler_startElement Unknown element L"system.net" in state 1
fixme:mscoree:ConfigFileHandler_startElement Unknown element L"defaultProxy" in state 3
fixme:mscoree:ConfigFileHandler_startElement Unknown element L"proxy" in state 3
fixme:wincodecs:JpegDecoder_Frame_GetResolution (0x14337ec,0x32ee98,0x32ee90): stub
fixme:wincodecs:JpegDecoder_Frame_GetResolution (0x14337ec,0x32ee98,0x32ee90): stub
fixme:wincodecs:JpegDecoder_Frame_GetResolution (0x13fa274,0x32ee98,0x32ee90): stub
fixme:wincodecs:JpegDecoder_Frame_GetResolution (0x13fa274,0x32ee98,0x32ee90): stub
fixme:wincodecs:JpegDecoder_Frame_GetResolution (0x140044c,0x32ee98,0x32ee90): stub
fixme:wincodecs:JpegDecoder_Frame_GetResolution (0x140044c,0x32ee98,0x32ee90): stub
fixme:wincodecs:JpegDecoder_Frame_GetResolution (0x14013b4,0x32ee98,0x32ee90): stub
fixme:wincodecs:JpegDecoder_Frame_GetResolution (0x14013b4,0x32ee98,0x32ee90): stub
fixme:wincodecs:JpegDecoder_Frame_GetResolution (0x14346f4,0x32ee98,0x32ee90): stub
fixme:wincodecs:JpegDecoder_Frame_GetResolution (0x14346f4,0x32f498,0x32f490): stub
fixme:gdiplus:GdipImageGetFrameCount returning frame count of 1
err:ntdll:RtlpWaitForCriticalSection section 0x65c1c390 "?" wait timed out in thread 0025, blocked by 0009, retrying (60 sec)
err:ntdll:RtlpWaitForCriticalSection section 0x65c1c390 "?" wait timed out in thread 0024, blocked by 0009, retrying (60 sec)
err:ntdll:RtlpWaitForCriticalSection section 0x7bcaf8e4 "loader.c: loader_section" wait timed out in thread 0026, blocked by 0009, retrying (60 sec)
In the foreground the programs loads, gives a SAB exception error and says it must close. It then hangs on a screen that appears to want to connect to some online reporting service. After that the only only I can kill the process is by exiting the command line program.
Hark3n
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Hark3n »

Sorry, this should be at the bottom of the previous output.
err:seh:raise_exception Unhandled exception code c0000194 flags 0 addr 0x7bc348aa
err:ntdll:RtlpWaitForCriticalSection section 0x7bcaf8e4 "loader.c: loader_section" wait timed out in thread 0026, blocked by 0009, retrying (60 sec)
err:seh:raise_exception Unhandled exception code c0000194 flags 0 addr 0x7bc348aa
dimesio

Post by dimesio »

Mono doesn't work very well. Try installing dotnet20 with winetricks. You will have to create a clean wineprefix for that. If you don't have any other apps installed in Wine that you want to keep you can just delete ~/.wine and start over. If you do have other apps, create a new wineprefix following the instructions here: http://wiki.winehq.org/FAQ#head-faf9617 ... 522d490faf
Hark3n
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Hark3n »

dimesio wrote:Mono doesn't work very well. Try installing dotnet20 with winetricks. You will have to create a clean wineprefix for that. If you don't have any other apps installed in Wine that you want to keep you can just delete ~/.wine and start over. If you do have other apps, create a new wineprefix following the instructions here: http://wiki.winehq.org/FAQ#head-faf9617 ... 522d490faf
Thanks man, that did the trick. Now I just need to wait for the pedometers and see if they are even recognised.