DC Universe Online

Open forum for end-user questions about Wine. Before asking questions, check out the Wiki as a first step.
Forum Rules
Thecaleb

DC Universe Online

Post by Thecaleb »

Hello,

I'm not very good at installing windows programs on ubuntu and was wondering if I could get help. I have the latest version of wine, I have the latest version of wine tricks, and gecko. Everything installed okay with DC universe online. Everything seems to have updated just fine, BUT when I hit play nothing happens. If I hit play again it closes the entire screen. Can someone please walk me through getting around this?
tparker
Level 5
Level 5

DC Universe Online

Post by tparker »

On 3/1/2012 6:30 PM, Thecaleb wrote:
I have the latest version of wine, I have the latest version of wine tricks, and gecko. Everything installed okay with DC universe online. Everything seems to have updated just fine, BUT when I hit play nothing happens. If I hit play again it closes the entire screen.
Please run the game from terminal and post back with any error messages
it gives you. Please also include the specific version number of Wine
that you are using. The newest version in a distro repository may not be
the same as the newest available, so letting people know the specific
number makes sure people are basing their ideas to help you on the same
version you are using. You can find the version in a tab in the winecfg
window.
Thecaleb

Post by Thecaleb »

That would be a problem. I don't know how to run it in terminal. I run on linux because I really don't use windows software and I don't do a lot of crazy stuff. It was easier to build a network with linux and gave me a bit more peace of mind with the transferring my work projects from computer to computer.

Anyway long story short I know enough to get by with what I need but not enough to do anything extra like this.
dimesio

Post by dimesio »

Thecaleb wrote:That would be a problem. I don't know how to run it in terminal.
http://wiki.winehq.org/FAQ#run_from_terminal