VCRun2008 Error Creating Log File etc

Open forum for end-user questions about Wine. Before asking questions, check out the Wiki as a first step.
Forum Rules
crshbndct

VCRun2008 Error Creating Log File etc

Post by crshbndct »

I am trying to install the Watchtower Library 2010 for my mum.

When i try to run the program from the link on the desktop, i get an hourglass icon for a few seconds, then nothing.

when i try run it from a terminal, i get a ton of errors about mfc90u. so i tried to install vcrun2008 with winetricks vcrun2008

when i do that i get a pop up dialog saying "could not write to installation log file, check the that the file is not locked"

and thats it.

i have googled this, but my google-fu is lacking tonight. please help, i need this sorted by thursday.
dimesio

Re: VCRun2008 Error Creating Log File etc

Post by dimesio »

crshbndct wrote:I am trying to install the Watchtower Library 2010 for my mum.

When i try to run the program from the link on the desktop, i get an hourglass icon for a few seconds, then nothing.

when i try run it from a terminal, i get a ton of errors about mfc90u. so i tried to install vcrun2008 with winetricks vcrun2008

when i do that i get a pop up dialog saying "could not write to installation log file, check the that the file is not locked"
You didn't say what Wine version, but according to the AppDB, 1.3.11 or later is needed. http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.p ... &iId=22127