contributing to wine project

Open forum for end-user questions about Wine. Before asking questions, check out the Wiki as a first step.
Forum Rules
mark11

Post by mark11 »

Hi im interested in contributing to the wine project by doing coding for them. I can program in c i have been for a while now. But i've never really contributed to anything, never realleased bug fixes or anything. I'm just looking for some advice on how to get started i've looked at the website at the development section but i don't think it really explains how to get started. I don't think im a brilliant programmer but i think im alright at programming, im also currently a student in the UK. So im just wondering if anyone can give me some advice on how to get started and maybe explain how some of you got started with wine development.
Dan Kegel

Post by Dan Kegel »

On Sat, Mar 1, 2008 at 10:44 AM, mark11 <[email protected]> wrote:
Hi im interested in contributing to the wine project ...
I can program in c ... can give me some advice on how to get started
and maybe explain how some of you got started with wine development
I got started just trying to run one app:
http://kegel.com/wine/winelog.html
You can see my patches here:
http://source.winehq.org/git/wine.git/? ... hor&s=dank

Have you built wine from source yet? That's the first step.
- Dan
vitamin

Re: contributing to wine project

Post by vitamin »

mark11 wrote:Hi im interested in contributing to the wine project by doing coding for them. I can program in c i have been for a while now. But i've never really contributed to anything, never realleased bug fixes or anything. I'm just looking for some advice on how to get started i've looked at the website at the development section but i don't think it really explains how to get started. I don't think im a brilliant programmer but i think im alright at programming, im also currently a student in the UK. So im just wondering if anyone can give me some advice on how to get started and maybe explain how some of you got started with wine development.
Read the topic right before yours: Coding Contribution