Ragnarok Online - Can't update the client (details inside)

Open forum for end-user questions about Wine. Before asking questions, check out the Wiki as a first step.
Forum Rules
rafab

Ragnarok Online - Can't update the client (details inside)

Post by rafab »

Hello. This is my first post here, as until now I wasn't missing any Windows program. As at the moment I can spare some free time I wanted to do a brief come back to Ragnarok Online.

The problem that I found is that the installer crashes every single time I start the game (image link), and then it becomes irresponsible (image link).

This is what I did:

1 - Download the Ragnarok Online client (iRO-13.2Renewal-FullInstall-20101007-1357.msi)
2 - Install the client with wine (msiexec \i iRO-13.2Renewal-FullInstall-20101007-1357.msi)
3 - Install winetricks and related software (according to the wine games database)
4 - Grab the requested dlls from my sister's Windows box
5 - Run the client

I tried with my sister's Xp dlls and the ones from the site. It didn't work with either of this. I *think* that the problem it might be related to this, as the wine games database suggest:
* Your patcher crashes:
o This requires a native version of the mfc42.dll library, and can be obtained at http://www.gn0me.org/mfc42.dll. Please do not download this file unless you own a valid copy of Microsoft Windows, as it will most likely cause problems. This file must be copied to your ~/.wine/drive_c/windows/system32/ directory.
o A native version of msvcp60.dll is also needed, and can be obtained at http://www.gn0me.org/msvcp60.dll. Please do not download this file unless you own a valid copy of Microsoft Windows, as it will most likely cause problems. This file must be copied to your ~/.wine/drive_c/windows/system32/ directory.
This is the log (wine app.exe &> log.txt 2>&1):
fixme:exec:SHELL_execute flags ignored: 0x00000100
fixme:shdocvw:PersistStreamInit_InitNew (0x12ade8)
fixme:shdocvw:WebBrowser_put_RegisterAsDropTarget (0x12ade8)->(0)
fixme:wininet:CommitUrlCacheEntryInternal entry already in cache - don't know what to do!
fixme:shdocvw:navigate_url Unsupported args (Flags 0x33e784:3; TargetFrameName 0x33e774:8)
fixme:urlmon:URLMoniker_BindToObject use running object table
fixme:shdocvw:bind_to_object BindToObject failed: 800401e4
fixme:wininet:CommitUrlCacheEntryInternal entry already in cache - don't know what to do!
fixme:ntdll:find_reg_tz_info Can't find matching timezone information in the registry for bias 180, std (d/m/y): 0/00/0000, dlt (d/m/y): 0/00/0000
wine: Unhandled page fault on read access to 0x00000000 at address 0x40d6b7 (thread 001c), starting debugger...
I'm running wine-1.3.6, Arch Linux 2.6.35

Is there anything that I missed? Is there anything I skipped? What should I try now?

Thanks you for reading!