Can wine on arm64 run win on arm64 applications?

Open forum for end-user questions about Wine. Before asking questions, check out the Wiki as a first step.
Forum Rules
kero990

Can wine on arm64 run win on arm64 applications?

Post by kero990 »

I know that wine can only run win programs of the same architecture
So wine on arm64 is used to run arm64 EXE programs?
Since the release of win10 on arm64, there have been many native arm64 EXE programs, such as 7zip, everything, and even WOW, Minecraft.
Can wine on arm64 run these arm64 EXEs now?

PS: I have an arm64 PC, yes, the PC is not a development board. I have successfully run a lot of x86 programs with the combination of box86+wine. Now I want to know if the arm EXE can run, and whether the efficiency will be higher. After all, there are more and more native arm64 win programs
kero990

Re: Can wine on arm64 run win on arm64 applications?

Post by kero990 »

Continued, I did some tests with the latest wine 7.0 arm64, some small things, such as 7zip and everything run very well, but the three major browsers (edge, chromium, firefox) have not been installed successfully, including the green version Neither can work. I also tested the world of warcraft for arm and no interface appeared.

Of course, this is running under the completely default wine prefix, and it seems that no one in the community has tested wine on arm, so I don't have any experience to draw from.
Also, I tried very hard to find the arm version of Office and Photoshop, but unfortunately I didn't find any installation package.
截图_7zfm.exe_20220127084735.jpg.jpg
截图_everythingarm64.exe_20220126143847.jpg.jpg