Wine 6.0 rc6 android , no applications for DOS,Win3.1 not working!

Questions about Wine on Android
Johny48

Wine 6.0 rc6 android , no applications for DOS,Win3.1 not working!

Post by Johny48 »

Hello , after configuring (WINECFG) and accessing Android directories and external SD card. I tried to run Astrolog5..4 for Win3.1 , (both selfextracting or extracted) , doesn't work "module not found" error , tried NC.EXE (Norton Comander) (both from "dos" shell , both by WINE "RUN") , again either command not recognised, or bad exe format, or module not found , than from www.saildocs.com , very short program for GRIB (gridded binary weather files, direct download from saildocs.com), again "module not found", that's a Windows short few MB program , which should run from Win3.1, thru Win95-98 ,Win2000, and also surely run on WinXP ,of course is for x86 processors not for Android ARM , but that was the REASON to install WINE to android, to run WINDOWS x86 applications.
Also some internal programs from System32 directory says "module not found".
in WINECFG is item Libraries ,WHICH???? must be installed??? I install , ieframe,midimap,and something else ,,, never heard any sound from WINE , even clicked "testsound" button , WHY???? it is not PREPARED for use to "emulate" WindowsXP or to simply work , without need to spend a month or months till understand how to configure. Im disabled pensioneer, it looks like program and duty for whole life to make it work ,,, like in past in early 90's was unix/linux with neverending command line options just for experts , for whom it was all their life and job too... Before came first graphical environment I think called KDE in half of 90's. Have disability burned out brain from developing microprocessor applications (Zilog Z80, i8051, x86, Motorola 68000,Texas Instruments TMS320C25 signal processor), in most cases not paid. All in cross-assembler , and for TMS320C25 I had to WRITE that cross-assembler for PC, in Borland C++ 2.0 from 1991. Because was brand new in 1993, and just Assembler cost 1000usd what was 5 months salary of man with doctorate in my country!! So spend 3 days of not sleeping :) ,from pseudoinstructions just ORG and EQU , and made board with A/D ,D/A, memories (had to take them from PC motherboard, cache fast 25ns , since in shop were 80-100ns slow SRAMs , and that DSP needs WORD-16bits every 50ns, and there was gates (74ALSxx - 5ns delay) and decoder 1 from 8 (74ALS138 - 10ns ripple delay).
dimesio

Re: Wine 6.0 rc6 android , no applications for DOS,Win3.1 not working!

Post by dimesio »

Johny48 wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 10:04 amof course is for x86 processors not for Android ARM , but that was the REASON to install WINE to android, to run WINDOWS x86 applications.
Wine does not do cpu emulation. It cannot run x86 applications on ARM by itself. Some users have reported some success with using Wine with a cpu emulator such as QEMU.
Johny48

Re: Wine 6.0 rc6 android , no applications for DOS,Win3.1 not working!

Post by Johny48 »

Oh, that?s unpleasant :( Where can I find QEMU , some serious source, without viruses, adware etc , if download from there.
I think that WINE is able to really run any PC WIndows application , speed is not a goal , just to be functional, for what I need it, it's very low CPU demanding software , like satellite www.skyfile.com email , or that GetFax4419 from Saildocs. Main goal is that WINE do no do (I HOPE!) unwanted , not asked for , internet traffic , which is very very expensive thru any satellite connection. Will do ONLY for what gets command to do. No updating,synchronising,sending any information etc.... I tried in past connect Thrane BGAN Explorer 300 , thru Android (thru WinXP no problems) , it had damaged Ethernet interface , only thru Bluetooth dial up inet connection 115K modem plus standart bluetooth dial up inet connection in WinXP.
There was for ANdroid BluetoothVPN apk , which connects and it falls after few seconds , sent debug files to author, it was paid version , he said that some Domain names,DNS was unresolved ....what is expectable,and very right and adequate , that Inmarsat blocks some Android world domains to reduce unwanted traffic paid by customers .. who may become screwed up :) because Android ALWAYS do some inet trafiic and absolutelly nonimportant (if you sail or fly, or in the middle of nowhere with low pension-budget). You need few KB of data, nothing more of most needed information, and not dayily but weekly or less often finally. So wanted WINE to run such a programs , to have total controll over what goes out or in.