Guidance needed - settin up all needed

Questions about Wine on Android
programm
Level 2
Level 2

Guidance needed - settin up all needed

Post by programm »

I tried Wine 3.0 and unlike Exagear, it seems to browse all folders and sd card, so the prob seems to be exagear's that it only reads Download\ folder. So let's try to use Wine. I have these missing, for starter:

- create shortcuts, (file/windows) explorer is not starting, I have to browse explorer.exe as Startup has only ''Run''
- Double tap barely enters a folder, fine let's use a keyboard, why when I tap a name, keyboard is not called?
-- Gamepad app to be called in Wine, so far we have only cursor and gestures dont work well too...

What graphics drivers are recommended? Installing some DirectX?

How do I set display resolution? Looks too zoomed in and cant move windows well

If these won't work well then tell me what I need to take from Wine to be able to see all folders on exagear? Permissions? What allows to view all folders that exagear doesnt?
programm
Level 2
Level 2

Re: Guidance needed - settin up all needed

Post by programm »

I tried the latest version of Wine and the only value from it is the ability to browse SD card and all folders, not just one Download\ folder. In any other case you can't do anything with it:

- No gestures, cant use mouse emulation, double tap not working to enter folder, keyboard cannot be called (other than some hackers keyboard.. well not the best one at all)
- No exes can run, seemingly only short list win RT compatibles, so I dont know the purpose of this one

just want to know what allows to browse all folders, sd card and all, is it permissions or something else in the code ?
DeveloperWithBrains

Post by DeveloperWithBrains »

Hi,
First of all could you please mention the architecture of your device (arm or x86) or just mention the name of your device along with its model number.
This information is crucial because both have entirely different installation methods.
programm
Level 2
Level 2

Post by programm »

arm v7 but doesnt matter since Wine could see my folders, exagear cannot and I need exagear to run apps, anyway i can try modifying exagear to ask for root access and read external, else i just bind folders to fix problem