elvistrujanovic51

Wine Error Runtime Fix

Post by elvistrujanovic51 »

DarkShadow44
Level 8
Level 8

Re: Wine Error Runtime Fix

Post by DarkShadow44 »

That... is not enough information to do anything with.
Doctor_GLaDOS

Post by Doctor_GLaDOS »

Same problem here. No error message just 2 cubes running any exe file
Galaxy Tab S6 Snapdragon 855 Android 10 Wine 5-8.apk
Attachments
Screenshot_20200510-005430.jpg
DarkShadow44
Level 8
Level 8

Post by DarkShadow44 »

You try to run windows executables on Android? Are those programs for Windows ARM as well?
Doctor_GLaDOS

Post by Doctor_GLaDOS »

Yes I did attempt to run windows x86 exe files on Android. After doing research I know now why it couldn't work on WINE since it doesn't do emulation like Windows 10 for ARM does. My knowlage of computer technology is rather(very) limited, and I think there should be an error message built into wine when trying to run x86 executables other than 2 squares. I think many people having heard of, or have had experience with the new ARM windows devices that can run 'normal' apps could get the wrong idea going into wine like I did.
DeveloperWithBrains

Post by DeveloperWithBrains »

Hi,
In simple words, if your device's architecture is arm (and you have Wine arm.apk), then you can only run applications supported by Windows RT (it is like Microsoft Store apps only and there is only a very few apps).
If your device's architecture is x86 (and you have Wine x86.apk), then you can run 32-bit Windows applications.
You can install ExaGear on arm based device to emulate a x86 processor. This will enable you to run 32-bit Windows applications on your arm processor which is not possible with any version of Wine (Android).