Please developers help with updating Exagear Windows Emulator app

Questions about Wine on Android
AndroidWineUser

Please developers help with updating Exagear Windows Emulator app

Post by AndroidWineUser »

Hi, since it's the only app able to run x86 applications and games on arm devices could you please help with updating the wine version in the app as the company has shut down. You are our only way to update the wine in it. Currently it's on wine v3
tech.bravo

Re: Please developers help with updating Exagear Windows Emulator app

Post by tech.bravo »

Hello bro i am not a developer, But I tried my best to make an upgrade of Exagear. I have updated it with Wine 4.7. This is because, exagear is using linux Ubuntu 14.04 and the last update of wine for 14.04 was that wine 4.7. I am trying my best to change its whole linux until enjoy with wine 4.7 as it also most better version from 3.0.
Here is a video and download link of Exagear with wine 4.7: https://youtu.be/pulmFsueIOU
Ps: Sorry for bad English :P.
programm
Level 2
Level 2

Post by programm »

Hi I saw your video and use it even tho whole thing takes 2.2GB unlike e.g 3.0.1 that is around 500-800MB. In either version now im w 4.7, I cant see SD card or anything but Download\ folder on internal.
shaggy82

Post by shaggy82 »

Wow THANK YOU so much :D! Exagear is the better Windows emulator on Android, it works like a charme with many games and programs, I can't wait to try it with new Wine! Can I give you an advice? You should try to contact Magic Dosbox developer to work together, Exagear with the near perfect controls his program provide would be a wet dream and I could pay sooooooo much for something like that... :)
programm
Level 2
Level 2

Post by programm »

^Which version do you use and can you see all your phone folders or see only DOwnload\ folder on your android? I've seen vids that they can at least see their internal mem ones.. so idk what prevents it with Exagear
shaggy82

Post by shaggy82 »

In help version is 3.0.1 and I see only download on sd card but it's enough to install and play games (most GOG work very well), the only downsize are controls who aren't configurable, so I suggest to make something like Magic Dosbox, those are near perfect.
Allanon41
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Allanon41 »

@programm Hey dude great work with Exagear Windows. I was wondering if you can do the same with Exagear RPG? Exagear Windows is pretty large. And for me personally I cant run Exagear Windows cuz I have a cheap phone.
Imc7R
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Imc7R »

I solved the problem with seeing only Download folder...most importantly ... without needing to root phone or bindfs and do weird symlinks that will make a mess. Since I cant even make a thread about it here (mod rules... annoying) here is how
hamzakemal
Level 1
Level 1

Post by hamzakemal »

Hey, guys, I've updated it to exa gear wine 6.0.
I'll upload it as soon as possible and share the apk and obb data.
hamzakemal
Level 1
Level 1

Post by hamzakemal »

vividotg

Post by vividotg »

You can use wine 5 also https://youtu.be/1vqEp2wtaaY
tech.bravo

Post by tech.bravo »

Here are Some Major Updates On Exagear. I Can't make a video due to certain reasons so I am posting it here.

ExaGear Stable Versions (Recommended) will now be posted in this folder. (Wine 6.0 is latest till now):
https://bit.ly/Stable-Versions-Recommended_Tech_Bravo

ExaGear Development Versions (Not Recommended) will now be posted in this folder. (Wine 6.19 is latest till now):
https://bit.ly/Devel-Versions-Not-Recom ... Tech_Bravo

If you want to Change ExaGear Drive: D From Internal to your SD-CARD then Install/Overwrite this APK File:
https://bit.ly/Exagear-SDCard-Cursor-TechBravo_APK
Drive: D (SD-Card Location): SD Card > Android > data > com.eltechs.ed > files > Download > "Put your files here"

Thank You. Don't forget to Like and Subscribe Tech Bravo on YouTube ♥️
https://www.youtube.com/TechBravoOfficial

Best Regards.

BrewWar

Post by BrewWar »

tech.bravo wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:29 am Here are Some Major Updates On Exagear. I Can't make a video due to certain reasons so I am posting it here.

ExaGear Stable Versions (Recommended) will now be posted in this folder. (Wine 6.0 is latest till now):
https://bit.ly/Stable-Versions-Recommended_Tech_Bravo

ExaGear Development Versions (Not Recommended) will now be posted in this folder. (Wine 6.19 is latest till now):
https://bit.ly/Devel-Versions-Not-Recom ... Tech_Bravo

If you want to Change ExaGear Drive: D From Internal to your SD-CARD then Install/Overwrite this APK File:
https://bit.ly/Exagear-SDCard-Cursor-TechBravo_APK
Drive: D (SD-Card Location): SD Card > Android > data > com.eltechs.ed > files > Download > "Put your files here"

Thank You. Don't forget to Like and Subscribe Tech Bravo on YouTube ♥️
https://www.youtube.com/TechBravoOfficial

Best Regards.

Hello.
How can I report any issue with new versions of ExaGear? My problem is described by the following exception:

java.io.1OException: Failed to start the Sys V IPC emulator; errno = 10. at com.eltechs.axs.sysvipc.Emulator.<init>( Emulator.java:46) at com.eltechs.axs.environmentService.co mponents.SysVIPCEmulatorComponent. start(SysVIPCEmulatorComponent.java: 36) at com.eltechs.axs.environmentService..AXS EnvironmentService.startEnvironmentCo mponents(AXSEnvironmentService.java: 104) at com.eltechs.axs.environmentService.AXS EnvironmentService.onStartCommand(A XSEnvironmentService.java:62 ) at android.app.ActivityThread.handleService Args(ActivityThread.java:4776) at android.app.ActivityThread.access$3100 (Activity Thread.java:308) at android.app.ActivityThread$H.handleMes sage(Activity Thread.java :2346) at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Ha ndler.java:110) at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:219) at android.app.ActivityThread.main(Activity Thread.java:8347) at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method) at com.android.internal.os.Runtimelnit$Met hodAndArgsCaller.run(Runtimelnit.java: 513) at com.android.internal.os.Zygotelnit.main( Zygotelnit .java:1055)
tech.bravo

Post by tech.bravo »

BrewWar wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 5:16 pm
Hello.
How can I report any issue with new versions of ExaGear? My problem is described by the following exception:

java.io.1OException: Failed to start the Sys V IPC emulator; errno = 10. at com.eltechs.axs.sysvipc.Emulator.<init>( Emulator.java:46) at com.eltechs.axs.environmentService.co mponents.SysVIPCEmulatorComponent. start(SysVIPCEmulatorComponent.java: 36) at com.eltechs.axs.environmentService..AXS EnvironmentService.startEnvironmentCo mponents(AXSEnvironmentService.java: 104) at com.eltechs.axs.environmentService.AXS EnvironmentService.onStartCommand(A XSEnvironmentService.java:62 ) at android.app.ActivityThread.handleService Args(ActivityThread.java:4776) at android.app.ActivityThread.access$3100 (Activity Thread.java:308) at android.app.ActivityThread$H.handleMes sage(Activity Thread.java :2346) at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Ha ndler.java:110) at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:219) at android.app.ActivityThread.main(Activity Thread.java:8347) at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method) at com.android.internal.os.Runtimelnit$Met hodAndArgsCaller.run(Runtimelnit.java: 513) at com.android.internal.os.Zygotelnit.main( Zygotelnit .java:1055)
Try Again as I have updated major bugs in it, and also Stable Version is updated to 6.0.2 and Developer Version to 6.23
Imc7R
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Imc7R »

Awesome that it got some updates! I've not been around for long it seems as some updates came a year ago it seems.

Is new version able to see all folders? Or has way to assign because I had to unpack old version to edit code to stop using Download folder to view games n stuff.

Anyway I'm Ok to adjust as needed. I'm trying to run Empire Earth and saw someone had similar error using wine when starting the game:

viewtopic.php?t=2540

So the question per this thread is
The trick is to disable Composite from X11 settings (edit xorg.conf)
Any1 know where this is located in exagear?
Imc7R
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Imc7R »

Actually I just tried the latest version 6.0.2 I also prefer to unpack to use APK + obb separately like old times instead of xapk. So far, great! Empire Earth went past the above message Unhandled page fault on read access , went into Intro of the game and then gave the Wine C++ Library Runtime error. I have not installed all needed packages yet except the first one it offered to install when you start Exagear. So which package needs to be installed to fix the Wine C++ Lib runtime?