Making Exagear RPG better

Questions about Wine on Android
Allanon41
Level 1
Level 1

Making Exagear RPG better

Post by Allanon41 »

I was interested in seeing if it was possible to add the newest version of wine to Exagear RPG on Android.

Apparently this is what Exagear consists of:
This directory contains partial snapshot of Ubuntu 12.04 i386 with preinstalled modified version of wine.

Link for wine project sources: https://github.com/mirrors/wine
Link for modified wine sources used in this image: https://github.com/Eltechs/wine

So I was just wondering if there is anything I can do to add
more functionality, compatibility, performance for more games?
DarkShadow44
Level 8
Level 8

Re: Making Exagear RPG better

Post by DarkShadow44 »

Wouldn't this question be better suited to Exagear itself? Wine is not affiliated with them, right?
AndroidWineUser

Post by AndroidWineUser »

Only wine developers can help this great app now since the company who owned this app has closed down I think a year ago. Better is to concentrate on Exagear Windows Emulator app than the RPG one
programm
Level 2
Level 2

Post by programm »

Well... idk why Exagear is considered offtopic when whatever doesnt work with it likely doesnt work with Wine and is based on it and Exa is discontinued to post anywhere else.. Like, I see people report Wine cant access SD card or anything but Download\ folder (through storage/emulated/0/Download) - thats all you see It's common Wine problem on android.
Allanon41
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Allanon41 »

@programm Can you do something similar with Exagear RPG like you did with Exagear Windows? Upgrade it to a newer wine and more sound options, .net framework?
programm
Level 2
Level 2

Post by programm »

im not developing Exagear, i was only trying to make Exagear browse other than Download folder because I cant use my extra space on External SD for my games and projects, my workaround was to bindfs the external as Download folder, since Exagear only does that. Exagear 4.7 can be found on youtube links in description, it is the last that was updated, it has allegedly a lot more packs installed maybe visual c++ and other frameworks, direct X and such, I personally dont use it as it is 2GB and what I use 3.0.1 is enough to run the things I do. Otherwise there's a need for installing some graphics drivers to read some games, but it's all explained on youtube videos

Now I wonder if exagear can run OpenFL/Flash because I have such app for windows and remaking that with action script (which I am new to) would be time consuming when I already have the program for Windows, just double work,. If someone knows OpenFL or flash exe application (that is built for windows) to work with Exagear let me know, whichever pack it needs.
Allanon41
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Allanon41 »

@programm I'm glad you've done the work you have to Exagear Windows. My problem is that I get crashes everytime I try to run a game/program. Exagear RPG is a slimmer(less space) version and it works fine for me, but I would like more functionality while having a smaller program. Is there nothing you can do, or can you point me in a direction so I can do it myself. Just to be clear Exagear RPG is different from Exagear Windows.
programm
Level 2
Level 2

Post by programm »

Crashes may happen because of missing packages or graphics settings. Youtube has exagear videos showing how to install packages like directX, some drivers for graphics to run games that need them. Depends on each game or program you have what packahes it needs. im not familiar w Exagear RPG though, process should be the same
Allanon41
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Allanon41 »

I only get crashes with Exagear Windows because I think it needs more ram. My phone only has 1gb and so Exagear RPG doesnt give me this problem.