How To: Android Feature

Questions about Wine on Android
MrJinx123

How To: Android Feature

Post by MrJinx123 »

Is there a way to create Android Launcher Objects Pointing to Wine installed applications?
I'm aware of how to build shortcuts for org.winehq.wine. Is there any support or methods for passing Parms to call let's say Notepad.exe.
I have just a few apps in Wine that don't have Android ports for already. For those, I would like to build desktop icons to call and launch them directly Like I believe the linux version can.

I am a crossover beta tester and although the icons do get created on the android desktop, It doesn't launch a bottle correctly like it used to. I was also able to click on windows.exe files from android file managers and they would launch wine/crossover but that doesn't seem to work any more.. (Probabely a feature to prevent malicious software from using wine.)
If not possible, Could you consider a feature request to create an activity/method that can be called to do it. The more seamless windows apps run on android the better.

Thank you for the great work!
PrimeOS Android 7.1 x86_64
PC Desktop OS.. Works great with Wine!!
MrJinx123

Re: How To: Android Feature

Post by MrJinx123 »

I'm surprised no one has answered this question or even commented?
Let me craft the question a little more simply...

On Android x86 based desktop OS's, You get a full rich desktop and windowed management system for Android applications.
As a result, I can run Wine in either windowed or full screen mode.
I would like to be able to create application shortcuts on the android launcher/desktop to call wiine and then start an installed windows application much like the way cmd.exe is auto launched by default.

The current user guide does not cover the android version, Only the Linux and MAC versions as to how to setup the "Auto Launching" of Wine installed applications..
Is there any Android specific documentation floating around as to customization or interfacing with wine advanced features out there?

Thanks,