Wine cannot see my files (Android 7.1.1 Intel processor)

Questions about Wine on Android
Marblelemons

Wine cannot see my files (Android 7.1.1 Intel processor)

Post by Marblelemons »

I have been trying to get the Android Wine x86 working for my tablet. Attempting to search through my files for the .exe proved no result however. Checking my Z:/ drive and / drive shows no files in the subcategories. Using cd gives me an access denied message as well.

My friend told me that I should try rooting my device. I tried a bunch of apps for it but none of them were successfully able to root it. Though I do not mind trying to plug away at more rooting methods I feel I'm just wasting time.

Device is a Lenovo Yoga Book if that helps.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!
lollylops
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Wine cannot see my files (Android 7.1.1 Intel processor)

Post by lollylops »

I had the same problem in my thread here: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=30179

What you have to do is access z:\storage\emulated\0\ you can do this by cd command (has to be one command ie 'cd z:\storage\emulated\0\' or you get access denied) or you can set it up as a drive in winecfg.
SlimakHrajeCZECH

Post by SlimakHrajeCZECH »

hi i have a problem i have a acer iconia 10 with android 7.0 and when i write cd z:\storage\emulated\0\ in cmd it says path not found any solutions?? :( :(
seoking

Post by seoking »

Even I am facing a similar kind of problem, researched a lot on the internet for this issue but still no look.
Non of the methods available seems to work. I am really frustrated right now because of this issue, PLEASE it's my humble request if ANYONE here can help me fix this issue, I will be really very thankful to you guys.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Nick
[email protected]

Post by [email protected] »

I wanted to use Wine like I use it on Ubuntu on which it works like a charm. I can use many Windows apps on Linux in that fashion. I have a YB1 90F yoga book (x86) with a 7.1 Android Version update and I installed Wine 4.8. It seemed to install without any hiccup.
But I couldn't have access to C because it resides in the system files. So I had the machine rooted, lenghty but successful procedure done remotely by One Click Root. Unfortunately, now that I have access, the Windows environment set by Wine can't see any file I copy there, not the .exe or any other for that matter.
any solution?

thanks in advance