Unable to run Wine Android

Questions about Wine on Android
pacer

Unable to run Wine Android

Post by pacer »

Dear users of WineHQ community,

I'm not sure as to how exactly to search for what I'm posting but I no matter what I searched, it doesn't display what I'm searching for. I would like to know if there is anyway to get wine hq to run on HTC u11 plus. Everytime I try to run wine on it, it doesn't seem to load properly. I get a black screen when I try to run it. HTC u11 plus runs on snapdragon 835 (armv8l) so I tried using wine 3.0 arm till wine 3.2 arm but to no avail. Might I perhaps be doing something wrong here? Thank you to those of you who take the time to read my post and an even greater thanks to those who reply, much appreciated. :)

*First time user on wine*
dimesio

Re: Unable to run Wine Android

Post by dimesio »

What version of Android are you running? There is a known problem with Android 8. https://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=44245
pacer

Post by pacer »

Dear dimensions,

Thanks for your reply : ). Yes, my android device is deed android Oreo. It's a stock HTC from with 8.0.0 on it. After reading your post, it seems like presently there's no release that fixes this issue?
dimesio

Post by dimesio »

At present there is no fix.
pacer

Post by pacer »

Dear dimesio (sorry for typo and added an extra "ns" to your name :X),

Aww, thanks tho. I guess I'll wait for the updates when it's out. Thanks for taking your time in reading this post though. Have a great day :)