WineHQ
Wine Forums

Board index » WineHQ » Wine Help » Android

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Post Posted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:38 am 
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, does Android x86 version of Wine actually work? How do we install things? IE doesn't download anything.

I rooted my device to copy files into the Wine folder (tried the 'server share' and the c drive) to find them in Wine however I can't install anything as when I try to access anything it says Access Denied.

I have problems with Crossover Beta for Android as well, it never starts or finishes installing anything but that's a different topic.

I'm guessing I should just give up on Android for now until it's worked on more?

Thanks.

Post Posted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:46 am 

Try using external storage.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:55 pm 
Level 1
Level 1

Ok I worked it out.

You can change directory to z:\storage\emulated\0\ and access the internal storage files. From there I just went to my downloads folder and installed steam. Now the fonts and dpi is screwed in steam so I can't use it but at least I can install things now.

Edit: I see I can use winecfg to mess around with settings, lets see if I can get steam usable.

Post Posted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:24 am 

Hello.

I have the same error "access denied"
i putted the software " sliverlight.exe " in both local disk and memory card but both gives me same error.
i dont know why i have this error and how to resolve it.

Please help me.
Best regards.

Post Posted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:18 pm 
Level 1
Level 1

Did you turn on storage permission for the Wine app in Android settings? I use the install function of Wine to navigate to my phones download folder for installer files.

I'm using the Wine x86 build and I was able to install Steam without issue, and games seem to install but don't actually start. The store part of Steam will also not work for me. I get the best results with Wine version 3.12, which no longer gave a Steam bootstrapper error every few minutes but still no luck with actual games...

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Board index » WineHQ » Wine Help » Android