WINE ON ANDROID

Questions about Wine on Android
Post Reply
Blenderpeppe
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:22 pm

WINE ON ANDROID

Post by Blenderpeppe » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:33 am

Hello to everyone! This is my first post here! I have got some for you:
Is possibile using wine on Android? My device is the a tablet samsung serie E with processor 4 core ram and 1.5 gb ram. If is possible where can I find the android version, and how can I installing on my device?

Is possibile using on Wine on Android the follow Windows software:
-Blender. I used it on Wine on linux distro zorin and it work good.
-Pinnacle studio 17 I used it on Windows 7.

User avatar
dimesio
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 12657
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:30 pm

Re: WINE ON ANDROID

Post by dimesio » Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:01 pm

Android packages, both x86 and ARM, can be downloaded from http://dl.winehq.org/wine-builds/android/. Install them the same way you would any other apk package.

Wine does not do CPU emulation, so x86 software cannot be run on ARM.

Blenderpeppe
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:22 pm

Re: WINE ON ANDROID

Post by Blenderpeppe » Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:01 am

dimesio wrote:Android packages, both x86 and ARM, can be downloaded from http://dl.winehq.org/wine-builds/android/. Install them the same way you would any other apk package.

Wine does not do CPU emulation, so x86 software cannot be run on ARM.
I apologize I am slight confused I cannot use windows software on my device android? Then what can I use! What the sense
of downloading it. What can I do with wine for arm?

User avatar
dimesio
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 12657
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:30 pm

Re: WINE ON ANDROID

Post by dimesio » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:29 am

You can get Android ARM packages from the link I gave you. They will not run x86 software. They should run Windows RT ARM software.

epoch32
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:26 am

Re: WINE ON ANDROID

Post by epoch32 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:32 am

dimesio wrote:You can get Android ARM packages from the link I gave you. They will not run x86 software. They should run Windows RT ARM software.
Will it be possible in the future to run WinMo/WinCE apps?

User avatar
dimesio
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 12657
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:30 pm

Re: WINE ON ANDROID

Post by dimesio » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:48 am

epoch32 wrote: Will it be possible in the future to run WinMo/WinCE apps?
There was an experimental WineCE, but it looks like it hasn't been updated in 4 years. https://github.com/AndreRH/wine/tree/winece

epoch32
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:26 am

Re: WINE ON ANDROID

Post by epoch32 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:04 am

dimesio wrote:
epoch32 wrote: Will it be possible in the future to run WinMo/WinCE apps?
There was an experimental WineCE, but it looks like it hasn't been updated in 4 years. https://github.com/AndreRH/wine/tree/winece
Still, it would be cool if we can run WinMo apps with the arm builds. I'm actually surprised that it works with my S II running lineageos 14.1.

cristipurdel
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:22 am

Re: WINE ON ANDROID

Post by cristipurdel » Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:28 am

dimesio wrote:Android packages, both x86 and ARM, can be downloaded from http://dl.winehq.org/wine-builds/android/. Install them the same way you would any other apk package.

Wine does not do CPU emulation, so x86 software cannot be run on ARM.
Did anyone manged to run successfully any arm exe on android arm?
Correct me if I am wrong, but this will mean that all the upcoming applications from windows 10 on arm should be able to run via wine on android (arm architecture)?

Post Reply