Unable to submit test form with wine stable

Post issues, bugs, and feature requests about the various WineHQ websites to this forum.
Martin Eden

Unable to submit test form with wine stable

Post by Martin Eden »

Hi,

I recently wanted to submit a new application. I've never done this before.

In the "Test Form" section, I need to fill in the "Tested release" field - which version of Wine I tested the application with. The options are (in this bizarre order): 6.8, 6.7, 5.0.5, 6.6, 6.5, 5.0.4, 6.4, 6.3, 6.2.

I have just installed the latest Wine Stable using the instructions here for Ubuntu 20.04: https://wiki.winehq.org/Ubuntu. This gives me version 6.0 which is not listed.

The form suggests "Version not listed? Your Wine is too old, upgrade!". Does this mean that submitting test results using the stable release is not supported, and that the AppDB only wants tests from development versions of Wine? Or is this a bug in the form?
dimesio

Re: Unable to submit test form with wine stable

Post by dimesio »

The test form is designed to show the last 10 versions released, which normally would include the latest stable release. Unfortunately, the 5.0.x series had an extra release due to a regression in what should have been the last release of the series, and that forced 6.0 to drop off prematurely (both 5.0.4 and 5.0.5, which were released after 6.0, currently appear on the dropdown list). 6.0.1 should be out soon, and it will appear on the list as soon as it is released.
wine6444

Post by wine6444 »

Martin Eden wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 6:00 am Hi,

I recently wanted to submit a new application. I've never done this before.
I had more than one Wine App Db entry denied, with detailed installation details even, all that text is gone because these stubborn administrators that have a thing for abusing their power. It was not a single occurrence.

The way they structure these submit forms is just stupid, and even after you do everything they ask they can still deny your post.
This is one of the many ways some bad apples in the Linux community is preventing volunteers from collaborating into the system to make the environment a better place. Some of these app maintainers should have their positions revisioned, some people are not fit for that position.
Martin Eden

Post by Martin Eden »

@dimesio, thank you, that makes sense. I will wait for 6.0.1 to be released, test it with that, and then submit.

@wine6444: To be clear, my submission wasn't refused by a moderator - I never submitted because there wasn't an appropriate entry in the form. You may be right about problems with the administrators; I couldn't say. But in my case, that wasn't the problem.