No longer maintainer of Croc

Post issues, bugs, and feature requests about the various WineHQ websites to this forum.
chriswyatt

No longer maintainer of Croc

Post by chriswyatt »

I was recently granted maintainership of Croc, but today I noticed I am no longer maintainer, and I haven't received any explanation. Is there any way I can find out why? If my maintainership rights can just disappear at any moment without any explanation, I'm not sure I can be bothered with it.
dimesio

Re: No longer maintainer of Croc

Post by dimesio »

What I saw in the AppDB was a pending version submission for Croc from you. I gather you checked the box to be its maintainer when you submitted it, because you showed up as the version's maintainer as soon as I approved it. So I suspect that you misunderstood the process: you were not made a maintainer until the version was accepted, and maintaining a version does not make you a supermaintainer--that has to be applied for separately.

As for removing maintainers, the system automatically removes maintainers who fail to process submitted test reports within 7 days or who have not logged in in two years. Admins also have the ability to manually remove maintainers, but you should have received an email notifying you if that happened.
chriswyatt

Post by chriswyatt »

Ah, thank you dimesio. It does appear that the automated system booted me out:

I discovered that there were 2 versions of Croc (Glide and D3D), so as a maintainer of the existing one, I changed it from '1.0' to '1.0 (D3D)'. I then submitted a request for a new version '1.0 (Glide)'.

Before becoming maintainer, I had submitted my own test results, not knowing that I was running a different version to the person who submitted the previous test results (labelled 'Platinum'). My results were labelled 'Garbage', because the Glide version is not even installable. The D3D version installs and runs quite well.

I had left them in the queue, because I didn't want to lose them. I was going to remove them when my submission for the new version '1.0 (Glide)' got accepted, which happened today. I didn't accept my results, because I assume that most people probably have the newer D3D version, so seeing it labelled as 'Garbage' would be misleading for them.

I had no idea leaving my own test results in the queue would be a problem. I guess this is an unusual case, that just looks like neglect to an automated system.

So it looks like I got automatically removed, but some kind of warning would have been nice. 1 week is a bit harsh? What if someone goes on holiday? Maybe a warning after 1 week and removal after 2 weeks would be a bit fairer? Because of the lack of any sort of alert, I had come to the conclusion it was human error.

Anyway, I will re-apply for maintainership, and delete my test results (which have now been accepted for both Glide and D3D versions), as they don't apply to the D3D version.
dimesio

Post by dimesio »

chriswyatt wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 11:37 am So it looks like I got automatically removed, but some kind of warning would have been nice. 1 week is a bit harsh? What if someone goes on holiday? Maybe a warning after 1 week and removal after 2 weeks would be a bit fairer? Because of the lack of any sort of alert, I had come to the conclusion it was human error.
You should have received email notices reminding you that you had tests to process. As for the time frame, the maintainer has to be removed in order to let admins know they have to process the test report. Users who submit the tests shouldn't have to wait longer than a week for a decision.
chriswyatt

Post by chriswyatt »

The email's subject didn't suggest it was important. It was my own test results that I already knew about, so I just skimmed past all the notification emails.