I cannot log in to BugZilla.

Post issues, bugs, and feature requests about the various WineHQ websites to this forum.
JontomXire
Level 2
Level 2

I cannot log in to BugZilla.

Post by JontomXire »

Bugzilla is sending me emails to my email address. When I try to log in I use that email address and the password that I know is correct and it tells me I have the username or password incorrect. I tried logging in with just the username rather than the email address, and even tried with my display name. Nothing works.

When I try to reset my password it tells me that the email address is not registered. So if that email address isn't registered, why does it keep receiving emails from BugZilla?

I have to say that the WineHQ family of websites are the least friendly I have ever met in terms of accessing them (registering new accounts, logging in, etc.). Not only do they make it really hard, but you have to register separate accounts for each one!
dimesio

Re: I cannot log in to BugZilla.

Post by dimesio »

I just tested the Forgot password/Reset password links for your email address on Bugzilla. I did not get an error about the email address not being registered; the system said "A token for changing your password has been emailed to you. Follow the instructions in that email to change your password." Let me know whether or not you receive it and are able to finish the process yourself.

Also, please make sure you are using a mainstream browser (Firefox, Chromium) and that any extensions are disabled when you try to reset your password.
JontomXire
Level 2
Level 2

Re: I cannot log in to BugZilla.

Post by JontomXire »

I got the email, thanks.

I was using Firefox. AdBlockPlus is my only addon/extension.

Thankyou for the help.