No matching wine version in dropdown when creating new AppDB entry

Post issues, bugs, and feature requests about the various WineHQ websites to this forum.
Mrle

No matching wine version in dropdown when creating new AppDB entry

Post by Mrle »

Hi,
I just want to list a game that runs well via wine in AppDB. It runs near perfectly under wine 4.3. I just tried to create a AppDB listing but I don't see that version listed under the "Tested release" dropdown.
Is there a way to edit the DB entry later or something? I don't want to create an entry with the incorrect wine version.
dimesio

Re: No matching wine version in dropdown when creating new AppDB entry

Post by dimesio »

Wine development is rapid, with new development releases every two weeks. The dropdown list intentionally only includes the last 10 versions released, as new reports for outdated versions are not of interest. There is no way to enter a version that is not on the list, not even for admins and maintainers.

You are right in not wanting to submit an incorrect version, as that is misleading to users and will be rejected by the admin/maintainer who processes the submission.

You need to upgrade your Wine version. The current development/staging release is 4.16, the current stable release is 4.0.2.