Version consolidation

Post issues, bugs, and feature requests about the various WineHQ websites to this forum.
alecdacyczyn

Version consolidation

Post by alecdacyczyn »

There should be a way to merge AppDB pages for different different variation of the same application after they have been created.
Obviously the best solution would be to pay more attention to the pre-existing title check and just not create redundant pages. But, as you can see, we don't do a very good job of this.
I'm new around here and just recently submitted my first test. I saw a page for a Steam version of a game I tested and thought that the GOG version would need a different page. So I made one. Then a few minutes later I found a page without the distribution channel in the title, and "(Steam)" in the version field. Apparently, I didn't need to create that new page.

There should be a way to consolidate the six pages for the slightly different version of this game after we goof up.
dimesio

Re: Version consolidation

Post by dimesio »

alecdacyczyn wrote: There should be a way to consolidate the six pages for the slightly different version of this game after we goof up.
Supermaintainers and admins have that capability; ordinary users and maintainers don't. Normally those mistakes are corrected when the version submission is processed, but if you see entries in the AppDB that you believe are duplicates, post the info here and I will look into it.
I saw a page for a Steam version of a game I tested and thought that the GOG version would need a different page. So I made one.
GOG should have its own version entry.