Email on forum profile

Post issues, bugs, and feature requests about the various WineHQ websites to this forum.
DarkShadow44
Level 8
Level 8

Email on forum profile

Post by DarkShadow44 »

Hi there,

I already wondered for a while: Is there away to show my mail on my profile for registered users? Because I think that would be useful.
Maybe I'm simply overlooking something, or it's disabled?

Regards,
DarkShadow44
dimesio

Re: Email on forum profile

Post by dimesio »

In the User Control Panel, under Board Preferences=>Edit Global Settings there is an option "Users can contact me by email," but I'm not really sure what that does. I tried checking it, but there was no visible change to what I could see, but then, maybe it only affects what others can see. You could try setting it to yes.

However, I would be wary of publishing your email, even if it is limited to registered users. The reason is that thousands of accounts were created by spammers. They don't get deleted, they get banned, but that doesn't happen until they actively try to post spam, which may not happen for months or even years after the account was created.
DarkShadow44
Level 8
Level 8

Re: Email on forum profile

Post by DarkShadow44 »

I already have that setting enabled, but it doesn't seem to do anything.

Yeah, spam is always a problem, but most of my communication is via email, I don't even know how to write a private message here...

Regards,
DarkShadow44