Create Versions/Software without test results

Post issues, bugs, and feature requests about the various WineHQ websites to this forum.
Matombo

Create Versions/Software without test results

Post by Matombo »

So sometimes people submit test results for newser version which don't have an appdb entry jet.
What i do atm is create a fake result with the new version, move the test result to the new version and then delete my fake result.
Is there another way i just didn't find? if not it would be nice.

Also atm all RPG Maker are versions of the same software, which tbh doesn't make a lot of sense because RPG Maker 2000 is a very different software then RPG Maker MV.
It's like saying Doom 1 and Doom 3 is the same game just a different version.
So i would like the possibility to create empty software entrys for 2000 2003 XP VX VX Ace and MV and move the test results there.
dimesio

Re: Create Versions/Software without test results

Post by dimesio »

Matombo wrote:So sometimes people submit test results for newser version which don't have an appdb entry jet.
What i do atm is create a fake result with the new version, move the test result to the new version and then delete my fake result.
Is there another way i just didn't find? if not it would be nice.
Not at present; that's https://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=26801.
So i would like the possibility to create empty software entrys for 2000 2003 XP VX VX Ace and MV and move the test results there.
You couldn't do that as a maintainer even if it were possible to add applications without test results, as only admins can move data between different applications. And I'm not convinced it should be done in this case. The entry for the MS Office installer also lists all versions of MS Office, even though they are very different from one another. The reason is that it is easier to maintain that way, as well as easier for users to find.

Looking at the RPG Maker entry, what you do need to do immediately is delete all of the entries for illegally cracked versions; they never should have been accepted in the first place.
Matombo

Post by Matombo »

dimesio wrote:Looking at the RPG Maker entry, what you do need to do immediately is delete all of the entries for illegally cracked versions; they never should have been accepted in the first place.
Well i kept them because i think they are almost completly the same code basis then the offical jp release, and for that one there is only 1 test result so there might still be some information in them.
... but considering how old the entrys are it's propably no loss

So should i remove them?
dimesio

Post by dimesio »

Matombo wrote:So should i remove them?
Yes. Entries for illegal versions are not allowed.
Matombo

Post by Matombo »

ok done