WineHQ
Wine Forums

Board index » WineHQ » Website Issues




 Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 



 
Author Message
 Post Posted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:32 pm 
Offline
Level 2
Level 2

Joined: Sun May 07, 2017 1:00 pm
Posts: 15
First of all, I'd like to say I really like the recent improvements made for WineHQ – the reports are a bit easier to fill now which hopefully eased up some trouble for the new and existing reporters :).

Unfortunately I only realized this year's WineConf happened in Wrocław bu the tiem it was alraedy happening in saturday via Phoronix's news, so I couldn't attend, but hopefully fi it ever be held in Poland again, I'll get to know sooner or will be able to participate overboard – either way, luckily there's the forums to discuss, so, back on topic :).

Like I said, since there were some good progression on the WineHQ, especially the AppDB side, I'd like to mention a few improvements that would be really handy and I've been missing:

First of all, it would be really handy to be able to adjust the sorting of the versions in AppDB – they are currently sorted as strings, so while most of the time the versions are appearing correctly, from the apps I manage, this isn't the case in My Summer Car where the versions are in DD-MM-YYYY format and for Escape from Tarkov the 0.2.120.435​ version appears before 0.2.40.168 ("0.2.1…" < "0.2.4…"). The solution would be to be able to manually adjust the versions or at least make the current, non-obsolete version prominent, to assure the most recent version is the most visible. It was also suggested to me by a fellow My Summer Car maintainer, as he first realized this feature missing and was asking me whether I know how to adjust it :).

The second thing I'd like to add is the ability to add a version without a test entry – currently it's possible to do by adding a new test entry and then removing it, but it's troublesome, and having a versions without a tests could make easier for submitters to fill forms, as the versions could be handled easier by maintainer. I tested this by adding a version I never made test for in Escape from Tarkov if you want to see what I mean. All the appropriate versions could be added by maintainer in advance without actually testing each of the variants.

Finally, I would like to add two more things to the screenshot reporting – first of all thanks for adding the maximum file size allowed :). However, I noticed that the screenshots are always scaled to 1024 width – it would be nice to indicate that as well, so the uploaders could resize the pictures in advance, keeping the higher quality. Secondly, it would be nice if the descriptions could be at least a little longer – currently you caa only type 20 characters as a screenshot description which is really too low – even compared to the original SMS or tweet limits, so it would be nice for them to be extended, so the more descriptive description could be given, similar to MobyGames screenshots :).

I also think that screenshot system could use some more improvements, as the 1024 resolution and 600 kilobytes limites are low for today's standard, and I'm also not really fond of watermarks – something MobyGames decided to remove after some time, but for now let's restrict to improving the system within the given boundaries :).

EDIT: Also, following the change where the wine-staging checkbox exist for test reports, it would be nice to have such checkbox for screens as well!


Top 
 Post Posted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:23 am 
Offline
Moderator
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:30 pm
Posts: 11772
Faalagorn wrote:
First of all, it would be really handy to be able to adjust the sorting of the versions in AppDB – they are currently sorted as strings, so while most of the time the versions are appearing correctly, from the apps I manage, this isn't the case in My Summer Car where the versions are in DD-MM-YYYY format and for Escape from Tarkov the 0.2.120.435​ version appears before 0.2.40.168 ("0.2.1…" < "0.2.4…"). The solution would be to be able to manually adjust the versions or at least make the current, non-obsolete version prominent, to assure the most recent version is the most visible.

https://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=42232

FYI, supermaintainers can already edit the version numbers; 0.2.40 could be changed to 0.2.040 to force a correct sort.

Quote:
The second thing I'd like to add is the ability to add a version without a test entry – currently it's possible to do by adding a new test entry and then removing it, but it's troublesome,

That's not going to change, and you shouldn't be adding versions that don't have valid test reports.

Quote:
Finally, I would like to add two more things to the screenshot reporting –

https://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=9521
https://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=35428

Quote:
EDIT: Also, following the change where the wine-staging checkbox exist for test reports, it would be nice to have such checkbox for screens as well!

That's on my TODO list; it's just not been a high priority.


Top 
 Post Posted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:42 am 
Offline
Level 2
Level 2

Joined: Sun May 07, 2017 1:00 pm
Posts: 15
Thank you for a quick reply :). After submitting a post I got a feeling that maybe I should have searched the Bugzilla beforehand, but thanks for pointing me to the bug reports, too!

Yeah, I thought about renaming the versions but I am not always fond of renaming the official namings the developer does – it's a workaround that works though, but I'll throw a few cents in the bug report before.

About the empty version handling, I got a feeling that leaving a version empty might not be supported, though it may be worth keeping in mind that it is possible the way I described :). Not sure if the versions should be automatically removed with the last test entry removed if someone wants to re-add a test afterwards to avoid filling the version fields again. Anyway, I'll take a closer look for wiki if the empty versions should be deleted it would be nice to have it mentioned at least :). As for the Escape from Tarkov entry, feel free to delete the empty version if you see it fit, or I can probably do that later myself, as I have the super maintainer rights there :).


Top 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 
 Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 




Board index » WineHQ » Website Issues


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

 
 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: