Can we reset the voting?

Post issues, bugs, and feature requests about the various WineHQ websites to this forum.
psycho23
Level 1
Level 1

Can we reset the voting?

Post by psycho23 »

Assuming my solution takes place (14% chance within 3 months) it will take a single developer at least 138 hours to get the votes that match a special date purged without proving that humans do indeed suck at sucking.

INTRO
If you go to the appdb:
https://appdb.winehq.org/
and click the "Top 25" link on the left:
https://appdb.winehq.org/votestats.php
Scroll down to #13 and click Planetside 2 Release, which has 104 votes.
The last 3 tests were done 230 days ago with a wine version less than 2.0 all with the Garbage rating.

Assuming these facts mean anything, I have created a conclusion.

CONCLUSION
I am 4% sure the votes for all applications on winehq appdb need to be purged assuming there is no date associated with these votes in the winehq.org database that app.winehq.org accesses to store these votes.

PERSONAL REQUEST
Otherwise I want "Top 25" removed from the website because it's wasting 24 vertical pixels in my menu space on my Firefox for when I go to that web page.
dimesio

Re: Can we reset the voting?

Post by dimesio »

I'm not sure what your point is. Votes are supposed to be for the app a user most wants working in Wine, so Planetside with its garbage rating is a good example of votes being used as intended. If you were arguing that the top 10 platinum list makes no sense, I'd be the first to agree with you.

As for purging existing votes, that's not going to happen. Votes are deleted when a user deletes his/her account, but otherwise do not have an expiration date. Active users are free to change their votes at any time, but if they don't, that's their choice. If you don't like the way they've voted, tough. If you don't like the top 25 page, don't visit it.
psycho23
Level 1
Level 1

Post by psycho23 »

Oh please god tell me you're not the sustainer of https://appdb.winehq.org/votestats.php
Or at least tell me that having this page is some kind of sick joke.

I'm 0.00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000004% sure this page is useful to ANYONE other than the person (90% chance a developer) that wants to look cool by running sloccount on the fucking web server.

WHO THE FUCK VOTES Watchtower Library 2014 at #14!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
NOBODY
EVER
VOTES
FOR
THIS
WHAT
THE
FUCK.

83 people?!!!!! When?!!! HOW. KILL ME NOW PLEASE.
spoon0042
Level 6
Level 6

Post by spoon0042 »

psycho23 wrote:WHO THE FUCK VOTES Watchtower Library 2014 at #14!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jehovah's Witnesses, presumably.
dimesio

Post by dimesio »

To remind everyone of the forum rules: keep your language civil, or you will be banned.

The AppDB voting system has aspects that can be validly criticized. The fact that people freely choose to cast their votes for things you personally don't like is not one of them.
psycho23
Level 1
Level 1

Post by psycho23 »

spoon0042 wrote:
psycho23 wrote:WHO THE BLASPHEMY VOTES Watchtower Library 2014 at #14!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jehovah's Witnesses, presumably.
The only thing I witness is voting trolls.
And not only that, I detect there is a 99% chance 55% of those votes were made by users that haven't even logged in within the last 4 years.
Now what is my point you ask? Nuke it. Just nuke it! People that care, that really care about their apps on winehq will quickly fill up the voted apps. I 13% promise this deletion of user data will renew, enhance, and bring winehq with a more vibrant sense of pride than ever before.

I'll even do the programming at no extra charge:

#just copy and paste this into phpmyadmin after selecting the WineHQ_AppDB_DB database with the GUI
truncate VOTING_TABLE;