WineHQ
Wine Forums

Board index » WineHQ » Website Issues




 Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 



 
Author Message
 Post subject: AppDB entries
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:26 am 
Offline
Level 1
Level 1

Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:18 am
Posts: 7
Binding of isaac Rebirth
There's a game The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth which has 2 DLCs, Afterbirth and Afterbirth+.

There's a separate Afterbirth page, which should be merged with the Rebirth entry(which I now just created).

https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager. ... ngId=96557

Moreover the Afterbirth DLC actually works, it seems the Afterbirth entries are only about the cracked version.



Rocket League - https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager. ... &iId=16963

It doesn't seem like the game lets you swap between versions, so I'd just merge all versions into a single one called "Steam" and remove the "Native Linux" version, as that has nothing to do with WINE.



Black ops 2 - https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager. ... &iId=14675

I'd merge the 2 entries as I believe BO2 is only available through Steam.


Top 
 Post subject: Re: AppDB entries
 Post Posted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:55 pm 
Offline
Moderator
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:30 pm
Posts: 11727
C0rn3j wrote:
Binding of isaac Rebirth
There's a game The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth which has 2 DLCs, Afterbirth and Afterbirth+.

There's a separate Afterbirth page, which should be merged with the Rebirth entry(which I now just created).

I've rejected your entry. You failed to include a description of either the application or version, you need to submit a much more detailed test report, and you need to adjust your rating to conform to the rating definitions.


Quote:
Rocket League - https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager. ... &iId=16963

It doesn't seem like the game lets you swap between versions, so I'd just merge all versions into a single one called "Steam" and remove the "Native Linux" version, as that has nothing to do with WINE.

I deleted the native Linux version. As for the other versions, that entry has a maintainer, and it is his choice whether to merge them or not.

Quote:
Black ops 2 - https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager. ... &iId=14675

I'd merge the 2 entries as I believe BO2 is only available through Steam.

According to https://www.callofduty.com/blackops2 it is also available on disk, so no.


Top 
 Post subject: Re: AppDB entries
 Post Posted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 7:56 am 
Offline
Level 1
Level 1

Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:18 am
Posts: 7
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/s ... ?t=3121558

BO2 is available on disc which is just the install medium and a steam key, as the game is steamworks and works with Steam only.


>I've rejected your entry. You failed to include a description of either the application or version, you need to submit a much more detailed test report, and you need to adjust your rating to conform to the rating definitions.

I've submitted many AppDB entries and in almost all of them I've never filled any description besides the developer and where I obtained the game(Steam,GOG etc).

This is very discouraging as I've put a bit of work in the report, and this request to merge with this entry - https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager. ... &iId=34608 - which has no description whatsoever except for where the game was obtained, and is a report for a DLC. This feels like a big "fuck you" towards me for no reason.


Top 
 Post subject: Re: AppDB entries
 Post Posted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:58 am 
Offline
Moderator
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:30 pm
Posts: 11727
C0rn3j wrote:
BO2 is available on disc which is just the install medium and a steam key, as the game is steamworks and works with Steam only.

Different methods of installing often perform differently in Wine. It is useful to have separate entries for them.
Quote:
This is very discouraging as I've put a bit of work in the report, and this request to merge with this entry - https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager. ... &iId=34608 - which has no description whatsoever except for where the game was obtained, and is a report for a DLC.

You are right, incomplete test reports are a huge problem in the AppDB. Accepting more of them is not the answer. Note that in the case of your report, the fact that your rating did not adhere to the rating definitions was also part of the reason it was rejected. https://wiki.winehq.org/AppDB_Maintaine ... efinitions

As for The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth, you yourself pointed out that there is confusion over the various versions. The differences need to be explained clearly in the AppDB, not just here.

Quote:
This feels like a big "fuck you" towards me for no reason.

It was not intended that way. Submit an entry and test report for The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth that follows the guidelines and I will accept it and merge the other entries into it. https://wiki.winehq.org/AppDB_Test_Results_Guidelines


Top 
 Post subject: Re: AppDB entries
 Post Posted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 1:36 pm 
Offline
Level 1
Level 1

Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:18 am
Posts: 7
dimesio wrote:
You are right, incomplete test reports are a huge problem in the AppDB. Accepting more of them is not the answer. Note that in the case of your report, the fact that your rating did not adhere to the rating definitions was also part of the reason it was rejected. https://wiki.winehq.org/AppDB_Maintaine ... efinitions


How did my rating not adhere to the rating definitions? It worked out of the box for me when using wine-staging, I did not try wine-dev at all, so rating is Platinum from me.

dimesio wrote:
As for The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth, you yourself pointed out that there is confusion over the various versions. The differences need to be explained clearly in the AppDB, not just here.

Should I seriously explain in every game report that you should not make AppDB pages for DLCs? This should be explained elsewhere, not by me on every single report I make if the game has a DLC.


dimesio wrote:
Submit an entry and test report for The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth that follows the guidelines and I will accept it and merge the other entries into it. https://wiki.winehq.org/AppDB_Test_Results_Guidelines


I don't see where I can edit my old version entry, and I am not writing everything again from scratch. I'll do so if I can edit my old entry.


Top 
 Post subject: Re: AppDB entries
 Post Posted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 5:51 pm 
Offline
Moderator
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:30 pm
Posts: 11727
C0rn3j wrote:
How did my rating not adhere to the rating definitions? It worked out of the box for me when using wine-staging, I did not try wine-dev at all, so rating is Platinum from me.

You stated a need for several overrides; that makes the rating gold at most.

Quote:
Should I seriously explain in every game report that you should not make AppDB pages for DLCs? This should be explained elsewhere, not by me on every single report I make if the game has a DLC.

No, and I never suggested that. But when submitting a new application or version, not just a test report, you need to provide a description of the application and/or version, which you failed to do. That's where you need to explain which are the DLCs and which is the main game.

Quote:
I don't see where I can edit my old version entry, and I am not writing everything again from scratch. I'll do so if I can edit my old entry.

AFAIK, you should be able to edit it. There is a bug that prevents maintainers from seeing the report after you've edited it (https://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=25229), but that doesn't matter here, as admins can access edited reports. However, there have been a lot of recent changes to the AppDB, so it is possible that the ability to edit reports was inadvertently lost. If that's the case, you should file a bug for that.


Top 
 Post subject: Re: AppDB entries
 Post Posted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 7:53 pm 
Offline
Level 1
Level 1

Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:18 am
Posts: 7
dimesio wrote:
You stated a need for several overrides; that makes the rating gold at most.


If you paid attention to my post it should be obvious those overrides are for a mod that implements custom DLLs, which is exactly what I wrote there.

dimesio wrote:
When submitting a new application or version, not just a test report, you need to provide a description of the application and/or version, which you failed to do. That's where you need to explain which are the DLCs and which is the main game.

I can agree with providing basic game description/copying info from steam store page. I can do that in future reports.

I disagree with listing DLCs in the description, I'm not gonna do it with this or any other game.


dimesio wrote:
AFAIK, you should be able to edit it. There is a bug that prevents maintainers from seeing the report after you've edited it (https://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=25229), but that doesn't matter here, as admins can access edited reports. However, there have been a lot of recent changes to the AppDB, so it is possible that the ability to edit reports was inadvertently lost. If that's the case, you should file a bug for that.


Great thing I'm in the section called "website issues". I see this, go figure.

http://i.imgur.com/48kjXNK.png


Top 
 Post subject: Re: AppDB entries
 Post Posted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:28 pm 
Offline
Moderator
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:30 pm
Posts: 11727
C0rn3j wrote:

Under User Menu, on the left, I see a link that says "Review Rejected Apps (1)." If that link is not working, file a bug.


Top 
 Post subject: Re: AppDB entries
 Post Posted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 6:30 am 
Offline
Level 1
Level 1

Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:18 am
Posts: 7
dimesio wrote:
C0rn3j wrote:

Under User Menu, on the left, I see a link that says "Review Rejected Apps (1)." If that link is not working, file a bug.

The email I got is absolutely nonsensical then, I've submitted a bug report for that - https://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=42272

As for the AppDB entry, I've added desciption and changed the wording of one sentence in the extra comments to put emphasis on the fact that Antibirth is indeed a mod.


Top 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 
 Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 




Board index » WineHQ » Website Issues


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

 
 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: